canon pixma 110

Old April 11th 06, 02:54 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default canon pixma 110

I want to buy a new print head for my Canon multifunction Pixma 110.
Is there anywhere I can buy this item in UK.
It is printing photos with faint lines across them. I have done all the
cleaning and deep cleaning etc with no improvement.
Previously it has always given me great prints even though I use compatible
inks. It only recently started doing this.
I tried soaking the print head overnight in warm water to dissolve any
hardened ink.
The nozzle test also has lines across all colours.
Would appreciate any information where to buy from.
Thank you,
Jim

Old April 11th 06, 06:27 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

As I said. I have always used compatible ink and not the Canon cartridges.
Because of this, I am not making a claim under the 12 month warranty.
I just want to buy a new print head and wondered if there was a supplier
that I can order one from, preferably on line.
Jim

om...

Old April 11th 06, 06:40 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"zakezuke" wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to buy a new print head for my Canon multifunction Pixma 110.
Is there anywhere I can buy this item in UK.

Firstly, if your in the warranty period canon will give you a new one
via post free of charge.

While you can browse the canon website and find an offical service
center, you can also google the part number for the head.

Pretty sure that's the QY6-0054-000, as with the ip1500 and ip2000.
http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPC-Canon_...I450_PRINTHEAD

40 quid seems to be cheap.

Thanks I will try that.
£40 sounds a lot of money for a print head when a new machine only costs £60
Thanks for the info.
Jim

Old April 11th 06, 07:17 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

£40 sounds a lot of money for a print head when a new machine only costs £60

Generally speaking, printheads are 1/2 to 2/3 the cost of a new
machine. You do have to make the choice whether to with a new machine
or maintain the one you got. Canon doesn't make a machine that takes
the bci-24 tanks anymore while thimble sized and not being the cheapest
per page, the new £60 machine doesn't have compatables and costs even
more to maintain than what you got.

Even the new mp500, a £110 machine, technicaly doesn't have
compatables yet, but it at least employs inkanks like the mp110, just
larger and more of them. It will have compatables as soon as the chips
are hacked, but for now manual refilling or OEM tanks are the only
options.

For some reason printheads actually cheaper in Japan, as well as ink,
by a factor of 40% or so. But it's up to you

1. Spend 40 to 50 quid on a new printhead to keep your printer in
service.
2. Spend 60 to 80 quid on another multifuctional that doesn't have a
seperate printhead which costs 5 to 10 times as much to operate.
3. Spend 60 to 80 quid on a printer which is reasonable to operate but
isn't a multi-functional
4. Spend 100 to 120 quid on a multi fuctional that does have a
printhead you can replace, but is a heck of alot larger than what you
have

Old April 11th 06, 07:19 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

As I said. I have always used compatible ink and not the
Canon cartridges. Because of this, I am not making a
claim under the 12 month warranty.

This is up to you, but comapables do not instently void your warranty,
and the procedure to get a new printhead from canon is rather painless.
Just a phone call and a few questions, perhaps faxing your paperwork
and it arives via post.

Those printheads don't last forever, and the bci-24 esp so.

Old April 11th 06, 07:34 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

A simple answer........yes....!

http://www.electroversal.com/ they are the Canon distributers, click
on the red box, if you can't find what you want drop them a E-mail.

If under warranty, you'll have to get a referance number from Canon
Customer Care, then you need to Email Electroversal with proof of
purchase (a photo copy of the bill - jpeg image) along with the model
& serial number including Canons referance number and they will
send you a new unit without any questions being asked.

Davy

Old April 11th 06, 10:54 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"zakezuke" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I really appreciate your excellent information and I think it makes sense to
go for a new printer.
I can't afford an expensive one and I'm also put off by the high cost of ink
cartridges. I'm not really a cheap skate, just on a low pension.
Jim

Old April 12th 06, 01:55 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

I really appreciate your excellent information and I think it makes sense to
go for a new printer.
I can't afford an expensive one and I'm also put off by the high cost of ink
cartridges. I'm not really a cheap skate, just on a low pension.

Nothing wrong with being a cheepscate. If my current budget was an
issue i'd go for a head on the mp110... simply because the cost of the
supplies on the mp130, the "cheap" printer are too damn high. Or if
space was an issue, i'd consider the ip4200, which if you use canon ink
is cheaper than the mp110, or the mp130.

Heads are a normal expence, they just cost almost as much as a printer.
Getting a replacement from canon isn't a problem, and they should last
at least a year.

But in the end, only you know how many cartridges you use per year. If
talking the ip4200/mp500 expect that number to drop by a factor of 3.
Not sure on the mp130 but we're talking a factor of 5 or so greater in
cost than what you have, or the ip4200. It may be your such a light
user that you wouldn't notice a savings for years. But for anyone's
budget these are important things to consider when shelling out 60 quid
on a priner, or going to 80 or 100 quid. Regardless, unless your
talking aftermarket supplies you will spend more on ink than the
printer.

Old April 12th 06, 03:27 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"zakezuke" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I did after all get in touch with Canon customer services and was told to
send the details of the printer and describe the faults to their repair
centre along with a copy of the original receipt etc. and they will send me
a new print head.
Waiting now to see if they are as good as their word.
Thanks everyone who replied and all your helpful suggestions.
Jim.