New Nikon Coolscan 9000ED

Old November 24th 03, 01:57 AM
jjs

Put three of those things together and you have... a $750 tripod that sucks.
Old November 24th 03, 10:38 AM
sirius

"Dennis O'Connor" wrote in message
Garry, I do not want to get into a big digi versus silver debate... If you
prefer digi, go for it... But, beware of what the computer software puts

on
the screen as being reality - taint so!.
Just for starters, a 35mm lens with ASA100 film is capable of 100 line

pairs
per millimeter on the negative (with a consumer grade lens no less -
greater than 200 lpm is duck soup with good lenses)...

consumer grade lens and 100lpm ? how do you do that, if a Provia 100 F is
stuck at 60 lpm? technical pan does about 140 lpm.
sirius

Old November 24th 03, 12:33 PM
Mxsmanic

sirius writes:

consumer grade lens and 100lpm ? how do you do that, if a Provia 100 F is
stuck at 60 lpm?

Even a consumer grade lens may have high resolution in the center of the
field. And the resolution of Provia depends on the target contrast; for
high contrast details, the resolution is much higher than 60 lp/mm.

technical pan does about 140 lpm.

More like 300 lp/mm, as I recall.

Old November 24th 03, 12:59 PM
Neil Gould

Recently, David J. Littleboy posted:

"Magnus W" wrote:
"Deathwalker" wrote in
:

Tut tut should have gone to jessops

Can they make the Gitzo MonoTrek usable? ;-)

No, but they might have a http://www.velbon.com.au/mup-4g.html
Which you really could use to kill people, especially with a Foba
ball head on it. (This is a combination that works quite nicely with
a Mamiya 645 Pro and a 150mm lens.)

Use as a club aside, I don't think that it is the brand of monopod that is
my issue. I'm quite happy with the build quality of my monopod. My problem
is that I can't adequately stabilize a camera with one unless I'm leaning
against some other solid object, like a tree or wall.

Neil