45.23drivers & internet & windows explorer

Old September 12th 03, 08:16 PM
yeeyoh

Default 45.23drivers & internet & windows explorer

Hi, I was sort of hoping that some one else would post this problem so I
could see if there was a good solution to it.

Here's my system

[System Information]
Computer Name - XPLIO
Current User - default
Current Date - 2003/9/12 16:0:43
Operating System - Microsoft Windows XP SP1 and other latest updates
Local Language - English (US)
Physical Memory - 254MB Total, 143MB Available

[Processor Information]
CPU Vendor - Intel
CPU Type - Celeron
CPU Identity - Family: 6 Model: 11 Step: 1
Socket Type - Socket 370
Frequency - 1308MHz = 109MHz * 12.0
Core Voltage - 1.60V

[Mortherboard]
Vendor - AOpen Inc.
Model - MX36LE-UN
BIOS Ver - R1.17
Release Date - Feb.27.2003
ROM Size - 2Mb
ROM Ver - 6.00 PG

I only have a XFX MX440SE 64mb PCI card, but I find, despite what some
people say, that it works great.
Here's the thing after switching to 45.23 drivers (from 44.03) I found
that I experienced problems with internet explorer and windows explorer.
Basicaly the recurring problem is that my monitor resets( like it's
momentarily being turned off and on, or resetting resolution).
That's great no problem just switch back to 44.03 no problems. The only
thing is that I found quite an improvement in performance in some games
(UT2003, alien verus predator2, Max payne etc.).
Bassically I'd like to keep the improvement in performance and loose the
resetting of my monitor (the settings don't change the screen just flicks on
and off) I get when I'm surfing the web or gong through my files.
I've used nasty file remover and switched back and forth between old and
these newest drivers to confirm it's the new drivers causing this.
Also I just bought and new Monitor (for a non related reason.) same
problem, although to a lesser extent.
Any Ideas? anybody? Sorry about being so long winded but people always
ask for more details.

Thanks.

Old September 12th 03, 08:29 PM
NAZGUL

Get the 45.33 drivers - see my post below for them, I had the same problem
though higher card and now its fixed

--
CLAN JAGUAR
able.rogers.com...