nforce drivers and CPU consumming

Old February 14th 04, 06:36 PM
roger21

Default nforce drivers and CPU consumming

I'm not sure if this ng is the adapted place for talking about nforce
chipset, if it's not, thanks for giving me the right place, if it's
possible, my problem is following

Hello,

I've got a problem of CPU consuming on my nforce based computer (MSI
mother board) under win2K SP4 : When I install windows (a complete new
install) and then when I install the nforce drivers (2.03, 2.45 or 3.13)
I've got a big incraese of constant CPU consumming which never comes
back under 60% (according to the task manager monitor) with 99% of
CPU usage for idle process.
before installing the drivers the task manager monitor stays near zero.

does anybody see the point and know about this problem ?

thanks in advance
Old February 14th 04, 09:04 PM
DaveL

99% for idle process is correct. Nothing wrong with that. Did you say yes
to the SW IDE dirver install?

Dave

Old February 15th 04, 01:37 PM
roger21

DaveL wrote:
99% for idle process is correct. Nothing wrong with that.

yes I know, the problem is I have never less than 60 % of CPU consuming
with 99% of CPU for idle processes so when the system do nothing it
consume at least 60% of CPU this is huge and the other process heavily
suffer of that when they are lunched. this cpu consumming problem only
appears once the nforce drivers are installed.

Did you say yes
to the SW IDE dirver install?

er ... i don't remember, i probably keep the default value, should i try
to change that ? (I haven't got trouble with the IDE controler nor with
virtual CD/DVD drivers)