GeForce Ti4200 Problem

Old February 14th 04, 08:00 PM
Guyver9114

Default GeForce Ti4200 Problem

Got a stange one here, i have an Albatron Ti4200 Pro Turbo 128mb ram that is
a couple of years old but a few weeks ago it has started to think it is a
Quadro 700 XGL. I have reinistalled the OS onto a new HDD, attempted new
and old drivers but Windows XP inisists on seeing it as a Quadro. I
installed RivaTuner to make it look likea Ti4200 which it does when you
install the driver but the Properties tab still shows it as a Quadro.

I know the card still has 6 months of its warranty left but i cannot get
intouch with them, ive tried email and ringing the Germany tel number to no
avail..... the place i bought it from no longer deals with them and the
number for the milton keynes branch is out of order.

Any other ideas what could be causing this problem??

Many thanks
Guyver9114

Old February 14th 04, 10:45 PM
llamaboiz

well... if my G4Ti4200 128mb VTD turned into a Quadro i really wouldnt
consider it a problem... *sorry dont know where a 700XGL stands in the
pyramid*

. ..

Old February 15th 04, 05:39 PM
Guyver9114

I have tried some old 44.* and the newer 52.* drivers. I did update the
bios about a year ago though to the M2 bios (last released version) but it
had been ok since then.