Avoid Reinstalling nVidia Driver

Old December 2nd 03, 01:08 AM
Larry(LJL269)

Default Avoid Reinstalling nVidia Driver

I'm running dual-boot XP Home with dsktop EXTENDED to TV
using nView. I did restart of XP1 & lost nView + TV with the
driver on monitor being default VGA 4bit 800x600. I also get
on startup that current video driver is incompatible with OS
& default VGA driver is being used instead.

Normally I would just reinstall v44 nVidia driver but there
r over 40 tabs in it that I have set different than default
settings. I have verified that 66 of driver files r still on
my PC. It appears to me that pointer to driver is NG but
have no idea how to correct this.

My goal is to get driver working without losing
settings.Your help is MUCH appreciated.

Thanks- bye- Larry

Any advise given is my attempt to show appreciation for all
the excellent help I've received here but I'm no MVP so it
may only apply NUGS (Normally, Usually, Generally, Sometimes