My LCD with 3D Prophet II GTS ..can't get 1280x1024!

Old October 18th 03, 10:10 AM
Psycho

Default My LCD with 3D Prophet II GTS ..can't get 1280x1024!

I bought a new Sony 17" LCD Monitor(SDM-X73) and hooked it up via the DVI
output on my 3D Prophet II 64 video card. My problem is that I can't get
the monitor to go up to the recomended 1280x1024 resolution. The highest it
will go is 1024x768. When I try to do this, my monitor goes black and gives
me the 'no input signal', then I have to reboot in safemode to lower the
resolution. I know the monitor supports it, they actually recommend this
resolution for best picture and I know my video card supports even higher
resolutions. I've downloaded all the latest drivers for everything on my
pc(video(45.23), sound, motherboard, directx) What's wrong? I've called
sony and they told me it was a video card/driver issue and couldn't really
help me. I ran out of stuff to do, so I hope someone can help me, thank
you.

Henri

Old October 18th 03, 03:35 PM
HamMan

"Psycho" wrote in message
[...]

Did you intall the Monitor Drivers? It could help limit the refesh or
something. Other than that, not a clue

Old October 19th 03, 12:18 AM
Psycho

Yeah, I installed the monitor driver that I got from the sony website..This
is really frustrating because this monitor looks it's best at 1280x1024 =(.
So frustrating..

"HamMan"
. freeserve.retard.co.uk

Old October 19th 03, 05:14 AM
Biz

I have to agree with HamMan. It still sounds like a problem with the
monitor drivers for your LCD. My guess is the refresh rate is set to higher
than the LCD can handle at the 1280x1024 res you are trying to get it to
display. Try to manually set the refresh rate to the rate the LCD is
looking for, THEN change to 1280x1024, should work fine that way.
"Psycho" wrote in message
Yeah, I installed the monitor driver that I got from the sony

website..This
is really frustrating because this monitor looks it's best at 1280x1024

=(.
So frustrating..

"HamMan"
. freeserve.retard.co.uk

Old October 19th 03, 07:56 AM
Psycho

Thanks for helping me out guys, I tried that..still nothing. I switched to
analog mode with the 15pin connector and it works fine..just the dvi mode is
being an ass. Sony tells me it's my video card..I've got a Hercules 3D
Prophet II 64 gts(geforce 2). Can it be that this card does not support dvi
resolutions higher than 1024x768? Thanks for any input.

Henri

Old October 19th 03, 12:10 PM
Marty L. Williams

I have this same board installed in my OS/2 system. The resolutions is
1280x1024, so I don't think its' a board limitation.

Ta...
Marty L. Williams

Old October 19th 03, 08:25 PM
Psycho

hmm..I've run out of solutions then..lol

Maybe I should just buy a better video card.

wrote in message ...

"Psycho" wrote in message

[...]

Refresh rate 3D prophet 4000XT Nik General 2 December 11th 04 03:29 PM
BIOS Hercules 3D Prophet 9700 Pro DavidS Ati Videocards 6 July 8th 04 07:58 PM
Prophet 9200SE be Ati Videocards 1 January 26th 04 04:08 PM
Hercules 3D prophet 9200 opinions please anonymous Ati Videocards 1 October 17th 03 12:37 PM
Need original Hercules 3D prophet 9500 pro BIOS Archduke Ati Videocards 1 June 25th 03 08:58 AM