faulty card?

Old September 11th 03, 10:49 AM
Crispy Sea

Default faulty card?

any body know why an agp graphics card would suddenly stop displaying in
24bit?

it does everything else fine in every other res and colour combie but just
will not show 24bit (you don't even get the option in display properties.)

the card is and old Asus 3000 running on an old Asus BX board with a P2(yeah
I know old may be the problem!)
but is it the card, the slot the board the gremlins?
thanx in advance
--
Best regards,

chris

---

Old September 11th 03, 08:07 PM
Me

Driver based option.

I only have 16bit and 32bit as options here.

Depends on the OS and driver combination. I have had 24bit as an option in
the past when using different drivers.

Old September 13th 03, 09:19 AM
Crispy Sea

thanx for the response,
we 2 seem to be the only people to have had this problem, (I've been
searching help sites and faq's )
could you expand? have you figured out how to get 24 bit back?
Am running, win 98se all latest drivers and updates installed.
best regards
chris