Heat probs

Old July 19th 03, 07:02 PM
Evil Noodle

Default Heat probs

I've been seeing replies here to the effect that heat can cause graphics
glitches, I've been experiencing display problems, initially when exiting
from Diablo 2 where icons are corrupted and background colours
are scrambled within some apps. (Outlook Express splash screen
is now a vile lime green pixalated colour.)
I have a Geforce 4 TI4200 which I've just found had experienced a
fan failure and was therefore running kind of hot, the fan's running
again now but I was wondering if any permanent damage is likely to
have been caused?

I hadn't changed anything with the system when this first started,
and exiting from D2 never gave any trouble before.
The graphics problems are still there, though swithing resolutions
can sometimes cure it until I try to restore my usuall 1024 x 768.

Any ideas?

XP 1800 Athlon, 512 ram, XP Pro OS

Old July 19th 03, 07:32 PM
JBM

"Evil Noodle" wrote in message
[...]

Is the fan running at full speed?
also have you checked how much dust has built
up in your machine? It is possible for the chip
to be damaged from over heating, depends on
how hot and how long.

Jim Manning