FREE Update and security CD set from Microsoft

Old May 5th 04, 01:14 PM
Wizard

Default FREE Update and security CD set from Microsoft

That was my point, doofus.

Laura Fredericks wrote:

--
Laura Fredericks
PGP key ID - DH/DSS 2048/1024: 0xC753039A

http://www.queenofcyberspace.com/usenet/

Remove CLOTHES to reply.

Old May 7th 04, 09:35 AM
Richard Steven Hack

On Wed, 5 May 2004 00:34:06 -0400, "Pepperoni"
wrote:

Microsoft is offering a CD set of critical updates and security patches.
This set includes all updates through Feb. 2004 (website says Oct '03)
There is no charge either for the CDs or for postage.

I ordered this some time ago IIRC (you see, I can't remember when it
was because I never got it.)

--
Richard Steven Hack
"Whatever does not kill me makes me stronger" -
Old May 7th 04, 09:44 AM
Richard Steven Hack

wrote:

Microsoft is offering a CD set of critical updates and security patches.
This set includes all updates through Feb. 2004 (website says Oct '03)
There is no charge either for the CDs or for postage.

Maybe this is why I didn't get it. I just tried again, and after
entering San Francisco, California 94109 in the appropriate blocks,
the page gives me the error message:

Please enter a valid city, state or province, and zip or postal code
combination in your bill-to address.

In other words, these morons can't handle Opera placing an order on
their site because they're so IE-centric.

I just tried it in IE and it works fine that way.

Cretins.

Old May 8th 04, 03:39 AM
Stacey

wrote:

Microsoft is offering a CD set of critical updates and security patches.
This set includes all updates through Feb. 2004 (website says Oct '03)
There is no charge either for the CDs or for postage.

Maybe this is why I didn't get it. I just tried again, and after
entering San Francisco, California 94109 in the appropriate blocks,
the page gives me the error message:

Please enter a valid city, state or province, and zip or postal code
combination in your bill-to address.

In other words, these morons can't handle Opera placing an order on
their site because they're so IE-centric.

Good thing they aren't trying to force people to use IE! Isn't that what
they just went to court over and lost? I guess the US courts has no power
over people like them....

--

Stacey