Athlon XP 2500+ 333mhz for A7V8X-X ???

Old January 15th 05, 11:20 AM
Stanley Krute

Default Athlon XP 2500+ 333mhz for A7V8X-X ???

Howdy

I have a system with a Duron 1300 installed on
an A7V8X-X mobo.

I'd like to upgrade it. I'm leaning towards the
above-named processor, AMD part designation
AXDA2500BOX.

Anyone have experience with this processor
on this board ? I'm interested in stability first,
speed second, and won't be doing any overclocking.

tia

-- stan

Old January 15th 05, 05:55 PM
HPLeft

"Stanley Krute" wrote in message

Anyone have experience with this processor
on this board ? I'm interested in stability first,
speed second, and won't be doing any overclocking.

I have this board with an Athlon 2800 XP, and it has run beautifully for
nearly a year.

Matt C

Old January 15th 05, 08:47 PM
David P. Greer

HPLeft wrote:

"Stanley Krute" wrote in message

Anyone have experience with this processor
on this board ? I'm interested in stability first,
speed second, and won't be doing any overclocking.

I have this board with an Athlon 2800 XP, and it has run beautifully for
nearly a year.

Matt C

I've built several systems with the AthlonXP 2500+ and the A7V8X-X. They
are fast, stable, and reliable.

David
Old January 15th 05, 09:53 PM
Stanley Krute

Thanks Matt and David for the excellent info.

Found it in boxed version for $120 delivered price, seems like
a performance steal.

-- stan

Old January 15th 05, 10:19 PM
Steve

"HPLeft" wrote in message

"Stanley Krute" wrote in message

Anyone have experience with this processor
on this board ? I'm interested in stability first,
speed second, and won't be doing any overclocking.

I have this board with an Athlon 2800 XP, and it has run beautifully for
nearly a year.

Matt C

Another option ASUS A7N8X-E DELUXE
http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/sock...d/overview.htm
I have built 3 computers with this same motherboard and the
AMD 2500 Barton 333 CPU
Very stable, fast and ton features on motherboard.

Steve

Old January 17th 05, 01:24 AM
Stanley Krute

Hi Steve

Another option ASUS A7N8X-E DELUXE
http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/sock...d/overview.htm
I have built 3 computers with this same motherboard and the
AMD 2500 Barton 333 CPU
Very stable, fast and ton features on motherboard.

Thanks for the info. I've got the one A7V8X-X system to
upgrade, but after that I'm looking for a nice low-cost
board to use in systems whose parts cost can be kept
to $600.

The A7N8X-E looks like a nice board. And gettable
for around $100 delivered from ZipZoomFly or NewEgg.

Any have experiential thoughts on the nVidia chipset versus the VIA ?

-- stan

Old January 17th 05, 02:53 AM
David P. Greer

Stanley Krute wrote:
Hi Steve

Another option ASUS A7N8X-E DELUXE
http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/sock...d/overview.htm
I have built 3 computers with this same motherboard and the
AMD 2500 Barton 333 CPU
Very stable, fast and ton features on motherboard.

Thanks for the info. I've got the one A7V8X-X system to
upgrade, but after that I'm looking for a nice low-cost
board to use in systems whose parts cost can be kept
to $600.

The A7N8X-E looks like a nice board. And gettable
for around $100 delivered from ZipZoomFly or NewEgg.

Any have experiential thoughts on the nVidia chipset versus the VIA ?

-- stan

If you're trying to keep costs down, stick with the A7V8X-X, which is
available in the $55-$60 range. The Via chipset may not have quite the
performance of the nVidia, but it is rock-solid stable.

David