Raedon 9200SE DVI problem on P4P800SE

Old December 13th 04, 02:46 PM

Default Raedon 9200SE DVI problem on P4P800SE

Hi All,

I just build my new system with following:
Motherboard: Asus P4P800 SE (I865-PE)
Graphics: Rosewill Raedon 9200SE 128MB
CPU: Intel P4 3.0C
Memory: Crosair PC3200 512Mx2

My problem is: when using DVI-out of 9200SE, system randomly hang up at
boot up time -- After Windows welcome screen, it goes to black screen,
no mouse, no login, and stuck there. I can still ping that machine,
however, can not get video signal.

If I use D-sub out, there has never been a problem.

Besides, if I move this card to an old machine (P4 1.5GHz, Dell), it
runs fine on both DVI and D-sub.

Is there any settings in BIOS/Motherboard/Windows XP can solve this
problem?

Any suggestion is highly appreciated!

Old December 15th 04, 04:36 AM
peter

This used to happen to me with the older Radeon drivers but stopped at about
version 4.01
I used to plug both digital and analog cable into the monitor and this bypassed
that little problem.
In the ATI control panel it would show 2 monitors and i had the digital
connection set as the default.
peter
wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi All,

I just build my new system with following:
Motherboard: Asus P4P800 SE (I865-PE)
Graphics: Rosewill Raedon 9200SE 128MB
CPU: Intel P4 3.0C
Memory: Crosair PC3200 512Mx2

My problem is: when using DVI-out of 9200SE, system randomly hang up at
boot up time -- After Windows welcome screen, it goes to black screen,
no mouse, no login, and stuck there. I can still ping that machine,
however, can not get video signal.

If I use D-sub out, there has never been a problem.

Besides, if I move this card to an old machine (P4 1.5GHz, Dell), it
runs fine on both DVI and D-sub.

Is there any settings in BIOS/Motherboard/Windows XP can solve this
problem?

Any suggestion is highly appreciated!

Help needed with unidentified problem ^MisterJingo^ General 3 November 23rd 04 06:45 AM
Mouse Problem Jeff Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 06:44 AM
help with possible video card problem diagnostic mark497 Homebuilt PC's 1 September 16th 04 09:59 AM
Boot Problem with Win2000 AMD 2500 XP - A-Bit KD7A system TMgo Homebuilt PC's 2 August 17th 04 10:03 AM
Restart problem DJS0302 Homebuilt PC's 0 June 20th 04 07:37 AM