P4C800 Deluxe, added 2 SATA drive, non-RAID - now slow shutdown

Old October 25th 03, 06:59 PM
NuQ

Default P4C800 Deluxe, added 2 SATA drive, non-RAID - now slow shutdown

I have an ASUS P4C800 Deluxe. It was running happily with my 3 IDE ATA100
drives, DVD ROM, and DVD burner. I added 2 WD 120GB SATA drives, formatted
the drives from within WinXP. Put some data on them all is fine. Fine,
except Windows now takes about 4 or 5 minutes to shutdown. Before I added
the drives, it only took a minute or less.

Any ideas? BTW, I flashed the mobo BIOS to try and solve the problem, but
no luck.

Old October 28th 03, 03:39 AM
NuQ

"NuQ" wrote in message

I have an ASUS P4C800 Deluxe. It was running happily
with my 3 IDE ATA100 drives, DVD ROM, and DVD burner. I
added 2 WD 120GB SATA drives, formatted the drives from
within WinXP. Put some data on them all is fine. Fine,
except Windows now takes about 4 or 5 minutes to
shutdown. Before I added the drives, it only took a
minute or less.

Any ideas? BTW, I flashed the mobo BIOS to try and solve
the problem, but no luck.

Well, I guess this explains why I haven't been able to finds the answer on
Google. No one seems to be having this problem but me :-(