Pioneer 4x DVR106 +/- DVD-R/RW CD-R/RW Writer - OEM

Old September 16th 03, 02:57 PM
KNOBBER

Default Pioneer 4x DVR106 +/- DVD-R/RW CD-R/RW Writer - OEM

AIA if this has been asked before,

Anyone using this combination ?

Pioneer 4x DVR106 +/- DVD-R/RW CD-R/RW Writer - OEM
with nero 5.5.10.0

Any problems,any issues,types of media used with this combination?

Possible suggestions to avoid any compromises that may occur?

Regards,

KNOBBER

Old September 16th 03, 11:46 PM
Thomas A. Horsley

Pioneer 4x DVR106 +/- DVD-R/RW CD-R/RW Writer - OEM
with nero 5.5.10.0

You'll probably need to get 5.5.10.42 (the final 5.5 upgrade), I don't
think too many earlier versions of Nero recognize the drive. I'm
using 5.5.10.42 with a non-OEM A06 and it works flawlessly.
--
== The *Best* political site URL:http://www.vote-smart.org/ ==+

email: icbm: Delray Beach, FL |
URL:http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley Free Software and Politics ==+

Old September 18th 03, 09:55 AM
KNOBBER

Thanks for your input Thomas,

Just A couple of questions if you don't mind.

What type of media do you use?

How have you connected up,I presume you have it on the secondary
master(do you have a/thing slaved to it?)

What type of cable are you using between M/B & DVR?

Regards,
KNOBBER

Old September 18th 03, 04:45 PM
Christian Schmadalla

"ř¤°`°¤mikeř¤°`°¤" wrote:

Actually there is also the 5.5.10.50 [maybe this is the final] version
out

Try to get 5.5.10.42 anyway. It is reported that Nero 5.5.10.50 has the
same overburning bug as 6.0.0.15. No matter what you enter in the expert
settings, it won't overburn. BTW, does anyone know whether Nero 6.0.0.13
can overburn?

Christian
Old September 19th 03, 12:18 AM
Thomas A. Horsley

What type of media do you use?

Tried various things. Some Fuji DVD-R that said 4x on the box would
only burn at 2x in Nero. I'm currently using a spool of Ritek that
really does burn at 4x.

How have you connected up,I presume you have it on the secondary
master(do you have a/thing slaved to it?)

It is on the secondary IDE port all by itself. I can't remember if
I set it as master or cable select.

What type of cable are you using between M/B & DVR?

Just a regular old IDE CD-ROM type ribbon cable I had laying around.

Old September 19th 03, 10:08 AM
KNOBBER

Ok that's all been noted Thomas and thank you Christian and Derek for your
input also.

Have not got the DVR106 yet so I might look at other models yet.

Just out of interest Thomas do you find with your present setup and s/w
version of nero that you have trouble with overburning?

Old September 29th 03, 05:44 PM
Rosie

In message , Christian
Schmadalla writes
"ř¤°`°¤mikeř¤°`°¤" wrote:

Actually there is also the 5.5.10.50 [maybe this is the final] version
out

Try to get 5.5.10.42 anyway. It is reported that Nero 5.5.10.50 has the
same overburning bug as 6.0.0.15. No matter what you enter in the expert
settings, it won't overburn. BTW, does anyone know whether Nero 6.0.0.13
can overburn?

Christian

I use the Pioneer 106 and although I've only burnt 3 DVD+R and 2 DVD+RW
I had no problems at all. I also use Nero 6.0.0.15 but I have yet to try
overburn.
--
gillie