Unable to install Windows 98

Old September 26th 03, 04:25 AM
Nathalie

Default Unable to install Windows 98

I have just created one partition on an old computer and format the hard
drive.

Now I am unable to install Windows 98. I received this message: This
program cannot be run in DOS mode.

I partitionned in one partition and FAT32. I used FDisk to do it.

What can I do now ?

Thanks,

Old September 26th 03, 08:15 AM
kony

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:25:39 -0400, "Nathalie"
wrote:

I have just created one partition on an old computer and format the hard
drive.

Now I am unable to install Windows 98. I received this message: This
program cannot be run in DOS mode.

I partitionned in one partition and FAT32. I used FDisk to do it.

What can I do now ?

Thanks,

Is this a retail or OEM disc, or only the upgrade disc?

Did you boot from the CD or manually run something from the command
prompt? The proper file to run is \win98\setup.exe

BTW, the install will go faster if you first create a "Win98" folder
on the HDD, then copy the contents of same folder on the CD into it,
finally running it from the hard drive.

Dave