system hotter than cpu

Old December 22nd 03, 12:06 PM
Ed Medlin

"David Maynard" wrote in message
BigBadger wrote:
But the air coming off the heatsink cannot be hotter than the cpu

(otherwise
it would heat the cpu not cool it).
The cpu must always be hotter than the case air temp (unless your water

or
Refrigeration cooling or such like)

That is, of course, quite true.

What in the world makes people think that "system temp" is necessarily the
same as case air temp is another matter.

hehe...........and we have beat that dog to death over the years in this
group..........:-)

Ed

---

Old December 22nd 03, 06:37 PM
~misfit~

Chip wrote:
"~misfit~" wrote in message news:WXpFb.36505

[snip]

You went off in a big rant about how difficult it would be to
'maintain a CPU temp of 15°C', basically saying he was a liar, yet
he never claimed he 'maintained' that temp, only that, at 6am on the
morning in question, his CPU registered 15°C.

I never called him a liar, nor even hinted at it. I said in my
original post that his sensors are wrong (which they are). In my
saying I don't believe you". Calling him a liar never came into it.

He said that later in the day his CPU temp regisetered
19°C and his posted data dump from sandra is very close to that.

15? 19? It makes no difference. 19C is still impossible on air,
unless you sit outside in Iceland in the winter.

He did say in his original post that he ducts air from outside his case
directly onto his CPU and he said it was 30°F air. That's below freezing.

Get a hobby Chip. One other than brow-beating people who are only
asking for help.

What "asking for help"? I don't see SunnyB asking for any help, do
you? Just jumped in telling everyone how wonderfully low his temps
are. And I merely pointed out to him that his sensors are not
accurate.

Any anyway, what the feck has it got to do with you. First you jump
in with your "learn to read" offensive ********. And now this. I
wonder why I don't feel a need to heed your "advice".

Ok, whatever. I duct air from outside my case directly onto my CPU as well.
Of course, my ambient temp isn't below freezing, but my CPU temps are often
lower than my case temp and always lower than my HDD temp. Especially in the
first five minutes after a cold boot. Then again, my case thermistor is
directly in the airflow from my ti4200 and the monitoring software that came
with it (Leadtek) reports the GPU at around 50°C as soon as it boots into
windows.
--
~misfit~

Old December 22nd 03, 06:38 PM
~misfit~

Chip wrote:
Hey listen, peace. Sorry about my last post - I was in a really
sh*tty mood. No excuse.

Have a Happy Christmas and try not to let miserable idiots like me
get you down ;-)

S'cool Chip, merry Christmas to you too. :-)
--
~misfit~

On the brink of madness... I.C. Koets General 18 January 31st 05 10:49 PM
Updrade PC Guy Smith General 22 August 15th 04 01:57 AM
Dual processor system vs Single processor system HawkEye_42 General 3 January 27th 04 11:01 AM
Multi-boot Windows XP without special software Timothy Daniels General 11 December 12th 03 05:38 AM
how much can i overclock my computer en how MiniDisc_2k2 Overclocking 2 July 6th 03 12:58 AM