Dell Dimension 8300

Old February 21st 12, 02:38 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
john[_12_]

Default Dell Dimension 8300

Hi all
I have an old dell dimension 8300 that I had apart for some years and
have just put in a new power supply reloaded Windows XP. Now I have Outlook
Express again and can post to this news group, everything is working fine.
It has been on for about three weeks and everything is fine.
Just one question, are both the cpu fan and power supply fan supposed to
vent to the outside of the case? I can't remember the air flow direction
for the cpu fan.

Also what is the file path to the store folder for the address book in
Windows XP?

My newest computer has Windows 7, does it have a new reader? Are they
any good free new readers I can use with Windows 7?

Thank you all so much with help.

John B

Old February 21st 12, 05:27 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Sam

"john" wrote in message
Hi all
I have an old dell dimension 8300 that I had apart for some years and
have just put in a new power supply reloaded Windows XP. Now I have
Outlook Express again and can post to this news group, everything is
working fine. It has been on for about three weeks and everything is fine.
Just one question, are both the cpu fan and power supply fan supposed
to vent to the outside of the case? I can't remember the air flow
direction for the cpu fan.

Also what is the file path to the store folder for the address book in
Windows XP?

My newest computer has Windows 7, does it have a new reader? Are they
any good free new readers I can use with Windows 7?

Thank you all so much with help.

John B

Just do a search for *.wab, it should be the username.wab. Search will find
it for you.
Sam

Old February 21st 12, 05:40 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Sam

"john" wrote in message
Hi all
I have an old dell dimension 8300 that I had apart for some years and
have just put in a new power supply reloaded Windows XP. Now I have
Outlook Express again and can post to this news group, everything is
working fine. It has been on for about three weeks and everything is fine.
Just one question, are both the cpu fan and power supply fan supposed
to vent to the outside of the case? I can't remember the air flow
direction for the cpu fan.

Also what is the file path to the store folder for the address book in
Windows XP?

My newest computer has Windows 7, does it have a new reader? Are they
any good free new readers I can use with Windows 7?

Thank you all so much with help.

John B

I went back and checked the full path
c:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book

Sam

Old February 21st 12, 01:35 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

On 2/20/2012 9:38 PM, john wrote:
snip
My newest computer has Windows 7, does it have a new reader? Are they
any good free new readers I can use with Windows 7?

windows 7 does not have a mail/newsgroup reader like outlook express
built into it. there are several free readers available, the most
popular of which are thunderbird from mozilla.org (the people that also
make firefox), and windows live. windows live is often found
pre-installed on new dells and though it wants to install lots of other
related junk as well as get you to sign up for a windowslive email
account, you can use it just for news without any of those things.

Old February 22nd 12, 07:08 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Michael Arm

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 08:35:38 -0500, Christopher Muto
wrote:

On 2/20/2012 9:38 PM, john wrote:
snip
My newest computer has Windows 7, does it have a new reader? Are they
any good free new readers I can use with Windows 7?

windows 7 does not have a mail/newsgroup reader like outlook express
built into it. there are several free readers available, the most
popular of which are thunderbird from mozilla.org (the people that also
make firefox), and windows live. windows live is often found
pre-installed on new dells and though it wants to install lots of other
related junk as well as get you to sign up for a windowslive email
account, you can use it just for news without any of those things.

This message is biong posted from an old version of agent/free agent
version 1.93. XNEWS also works on WIndows 7. Dell XPS 9100, Dell XPS
420.
Mike
Old February 25th 12, 09:31 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Boris[_5_]

"john" wrote in
:

[...]

On my Win7 machines, I use XNEWS.
Old February 25th 12, 09:43 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
BillW50

In 4.100,
Boris typed:
On my Win7 machines, I use XNEWS.

What do you use on your other machines?

--
Bill
Asus EeePC 701 ~ 2GB RAM ~ 16GB-SDHC

Old February 26th 12, 03:14 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Boris[_5_]

"BillW50" wrote in :

In 4.100,
Boris typed:
On my Win7 machines, I use XNEWS.

What do you use on your other machines?

--
Bill
Asus EeePC 701 ~ 2GB RAM ~ 16GB-SDHC
Windows 2000 SP4 - OE5.5 - OE-QuoteFix v1.19.2

Hi, Bill,

After hitting the send button, I realized I should have written, "On all my
machines, including my Win7s (32 and 64-bit Home Premium), I use XNEWS.
Old February 26th 12, 03:19 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Boris[_5_]

"BillW50" wrote in :

In 4.100,
Boris typed:
On my Win7 machines, I use XNEWS.

What do you use on your other machines?

--
Bill
Asus EeePC 701 ~ 2GB RAM ~ 16GB-SDHC
Windows 2000 SP4 - OE5.5 - OE-QuoteFix v1.19.2

And like you, I use OExpress as my mail reader on my non-Win7 machines. If
I could use OE on my Win7s, I would.