psu advice ( vbat querey)

Old December 14th 03, 11:25 PM
Jay

Default psu advice ( vbat querey)

Right need some advice, been having alot of trouble since i have installed
my radeon 9700 with games kicking me to desktop/reboots/monitor turning off
my system specs are as follows, this is on a clean install of XP Pro with
all correct drivers/patches/ bios settings i have checked all this, what i
want to know is about VBAT.

barton 2500
epox 8rada+ ( using usdm motherboard monitor software)
corsair pc3200 ( 5.2.2.2) ram
radeon 9700 ( cat 3.9(have tried latest omega drivers)
sparkle 300w psu

have been using USDM i keep getting a warning that my VBAT voltage is
exceeding limits.
what is VBAT & is this causing my problem, will a better psu fix this? all
was ok with my GF TI4400.

cheers for any info

Old December 15th 03, 09:11 AM
Wayne Youngman

"Jay" wrote
Right need some advice, been having alot of trouble since i have installed
my radeon 9700 with games kicking me to desktop/reboots/monitor turning

off

sparkle 300w psu

Hi,
I think the problem may be your *Sparkle* 300w PSU? I also have a 300w PSU
(ANTEC) but I don't know how reliable your 12v rails are?
--
Wayne ][

Barton (AQXEA) XP2500+ @ 2.2GHz (10x220) - 1.775vCore
CoolerMaster Aero 7 Lite - 3,200rpm
ABIT NF7-S (v2.0 - BIOS#14)
512MB Dual TwiSTER PC3500 @ DDR440 1:1 (9,3,3,2.0 - 2.8v)
Sapphire Atlantis 9800 - 3.3ns Samsung (325/290 Default)
240GB (2x120GB) WD-SE SATA RAID-0 (16k Stripe)
Antec SX630II Mini-Tower Case Inc 300w PSU
2 x CoolerMaster 80mm Blue Neon Fans
WinXP-PRO-SP1
Cat 3.7 - DX9.0b