s5000nx

Old July 24th 04, 02:57 PM
George

Default s5000nx

I need more memory in my s5000nx, but it calls for PC2100 memory. Can I use
PC anything else, like PC2700 or 3200.
thanks

Old July 24th 04, 03:42 PM
Brian

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 13:57:16 GMT, "George" wrote:

I need more memory in my s5000nx, but it calls for PC2100 memory. Can I use
PC anything else, like PC2700 or 3200.
thanks

I have an S5000NX which is a 2.5 Celeron with a 400 MHZ FSB and it calls for PC2700 ram, NOT PC2100

Brian..........

Save Your Breath...You'll need it to blow up your date!

Old July 24th 04, 08:25 PM
HH

The S5000NX comes with a PC2700 DIMM, but runs it at PC2100 speed, which is
why Crucial lists PC2100 DIMMs for that model. With DDR memory, most 400MHz
FSB Intel processor PCs run
PC2100 RAM (as do most AMD machines with 200 or 266MHz fsb). 533MHz bus
Intel machines (and 333MHz AMDs) normally run PC2700. 800MHz bus Intel
machines use PC3200.
HH