9800 Pro vs 6600GT

Old January 3rd 05, 04:25 AM
Charlie Brookhart

Default 9800 Pro vs 6600GT

I'm not sure if there is already a thread started on this topic. I searched
google groups, but didn't find anything. I would like to know how the 9800
Pro compares to 6600GT. Is one any better than the other?

Old January 3rd 05, 04:36 AM
Jéjé

there is a lot of cards here...
http://www20.graphics.tomshardware.c...004/index.html

Old January 3rd 05, 05:01 AM
Mangyrat

part 5 is up it has the 6600gt in it. just check the number on a test then
bring up the old link for part 4 to get a idea how good it is. like lets say
the farcry test the 6600gt scores 63.1 on the very hight quality test. now
lets check the 9800pro in the same test in part 4 it scores a 40.2. yoou can
check them your self. ill give both links. looks like the 6600gt is a realy
nice card.
im a ati fan my self. i like the 2d quality ati has but im also a gamer so
next upgrade i may have to look in to a nvida card

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/gra...charts-07.html

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/gra...charts-09.html

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

Old January 4th 05, 08:18 PM
Greg M

--

Read the note on the Test Confirguration page of the new PCI-E guide:

"Note: The test system used for this comparison is markedly faster than the
one we used in the previous version of the VGA Charts. Faster CPU, memory
interface, chipset and newer versions of the cards' graphics drivers all
result in much higher scores. As a result, any performance differences you
see here compared to the previous (AGP) VGA Charts cannot necessarily be
attributed to the PCI Express interface alone!"

VGA guide 5 and guide 4 cannot be used for direct comparisions.

Greg M.

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

Old January 5th 05, 12:43 PM
Mangyrat

yea i missed that good point.
the 9800pro is still a great card fortodays games

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

"Greg M" wrote in message
m...

Old February 26th 05, 07:13 PM
Lester Piglet

I have a 9800 pro and bought a 6600GT. I sold the GT to my son within 3
days. I didn't see any improvement. Sure Tom says the numbers are higher but
I dont see anything. Possibly because I use a 19" TFT.

"Mangyrat" wrote in message
yea i missed that good point.
the 9800pro is still a great card fortodays games

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

"Greg M" wrote in message
m...

Old February 27th 05, 01:08 AM
Conor

In article , Lester
Piglet says...
I have a 9800 pro and bought a 6600GT. I sold the GT to my son within 3
days. I didn't see any improvement. Sure Tom says the numbers are higher but
I dont see anything. Possibly because I use a 19" TFT.

If you've got vsync set then you won't as both cards can have a FPS
higher than the refresh rate.

--
Conor

-- George Patton