ati control panel problem

Old August 18th 03, 01:01 PM
Appie

Default ati control panel problem

When I instal the newest Ati driver for my Radeon 9700 Pro it is not
possible to instal the control panel. Even with older driver and cntr panel
it`s not possible to instal the control panel. When I try to instal the
control panel I get a message that RPC cannot be changed. When I try to
change the vid card settings the screen wents blue and there is a VXD
problem.

I run Win 98 SE
P4 2,8Ghz
MSI 845 PE MAX 2 mainboard
Radeon 9700 Pro (Hercules)

Please help

Thnx
Appie

Old August 18th 03, 01:30 PM
Strontium

Run a virus check, with the latest definition file.

-
Appie stood up at show-n-tell, in , and

--
Strontium

"You may be right! It's all a waste of time! I guess
that's just a chance I'm prepared to take....A danger
I'm prepared to face.....Cut to the chase." - RUSH

Old August 18th 03, 05:10 PM
Claw Jammer

In article ,
says...
No, because there`s no internet connection and nothing else installed. This
connection is from XP.

Have you disabled any services?
Old August 18th 03, 05:41 PM
Appie

No. I did a clean instal. Even I tried to instal Win ME. I got the same
problem. When I install Win XP there`s no problem at all. I have a dual boot
system and want to have Win 98 for games for the children. I had to format
the disk with Win 98 and after that it`s not possible to instal the
videocard. (control panel)
I did several times before a re-installation from Win 98 and had no
problems.

What can be wrong. I asked Hercules, but they didn`t answer.