Catalysts 3.6 OUT!

Old July 15th 03, 06:33 PM
BicH

Default Catalysts 3.6 OUT!

www.ati.com

BicH

Old July 15th 03, 09:08 PM
Mirko

still missing car textures in Toca Race Driver with my Radeon 9100

"BicH" ¦b¶l¥ó
¤¤¼¶¼g...
www.ati.com

BicH

Old July 15th 03, 09:53 PM
David Walker

www.ati.com

Well we have stable drivers (at least they have been for me), now we just
need a stable version of MMC that doesn't hog every resource on the PC!
Only took them a few years for the driver, i won't expect MMC to improve
anytime soon (

David

Old July 16th 03, 12:50 AM
patrickp

"Laurence Wilmer" wrote in message

"JAD" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
3.6 has made improvements in basic TV/DVD functions / Vs

resources,
for me.....BUT DAMN IT I wish ATI would stop printing what appears to

be
the proper order in which to install these,(e.g. 1.2.3.) but not so!,

once
again its seems to be wdm driver,no boot, drivers, reboot, control

panel
(if you want). why do I constantly get a 'no wdm inf file installed'

even
though everything seems to function perfectly. Is this not the proper

order
of installation? When I install just the drivers, then reboot, I get
'unknown hardware' and no install, this results in a unknown hardware

entry
in device manager after cancelling(or was I to search automatically,

this
doesn't seem to be the proper sequence of events however).

snip
"BicH" wrote in message
www.ati.com

BicH

Yes, it has me really confused that in earlier Cat packages, WDM drivers
were included in the download and install list, but 3.5 and 3.6 just

ignore
them.

Actually the 3.5 page first didn't have them, then it did, then it didn't.
Of course, following the instructions given on the latest page results in
removing existing display driver and control panel, installing new driver
etc this works OK, but trying a clean install without adding earlier WDM
drivers does NOT work.

A word of explanation from ATI would be helpful.

Laurence

This time the "all-in-one" driver is 16MB, so presumably it _is_ the
complete set now.

But as far as the correct order is concerned, I tried ATi's new
recommendation for the 3.6s - started with the display driver installation
and wouldn't you know - it crashed. So I uninstalled again, cleaned my
system up again, and went back to the tried and true method - capture
driver, don't reboot, display driver, reboot, control panel, reboot. Worked
fine. So it looks like the ATi site people, as usual, are on something we'd
have to pay a lot of money for, and as for the orifice they're ingesting it
through...

patrickp

Old July 16th 03, 01:01 AM
Ed

Just installed 3.6 and Tribes2 is totally messed up in OpenGL.
Using Direct the fps are half of the Open GL rates so thats not an option.
Back to 3.5 and everything is perfect.

"patrickp" - take five to email me wrote in
message ...

Old July 16th 03, 01:56 AM
Larry

Jack,

If you have the ATI Control Panel installed, could you check something
for me on your setup (since you just did what I want to try).

Right click on the ATI Control Panel, select ATI Programs and tell me
what's listed on your setup.

I have: DVD, LaunchPad, File Player, Library, TV, Remote, Video CD, and
CD Audio

I use to have problems with some of these apps getting messed up in this
particular listing (requiring a registry edit to fix) whenever I
uninstalled the ATI Control Panel. This system is rock solid, everything
works like a champ, and I don't want to feck anything up (but I do have
a disk clone so I'm real tempted to give this all-in-one driver bundle a
shot)...

Thanks a lot!

Larry

Nevada Jack wrote:

I downloaded the bundled package of 16 mb's. Clicked on the file, it did
the entire install asking for a single reboot at the end of the install. No
uninstall of Display and no individual installs. Works fine with all the
latest drivers and 3.6 Catalyst listed in Control Panel.

Jack

Old July 16th 03, 03:17 AM
Nevada Jack

Larry...I don't quite understand your directions...I have the ATI Control Panel installed but I sure can't right click on it or find the ATI Programs...

Under the Start Menu if I click on Programs and go to the ATI Multimedia Center listing I have ATI Remote Wonder, CD Audio, Configuration, DVD, File Player, Launch Pad, TV and Video CD. On Launch Pad I have Player, VCD, CD, DVD, TV and Library.

My Control Panel shows Catalyst 3.6 and all the new drivers as does dxdiag.

Again, I did not uninstall anything...just clicked on the Bundled download and rebooted when all was finished. Every thing appears fine and working well.

Jack

Old July 16th 03, 03:51 AM
Larry

Jack,

Sorry for the confusion. In the system tray (lower right-hand corner of
the screen), do you have a red/white ATI icon? If the ATI Control panel
is installed correctly, you should. Mine shows up next to the Volume
icon and a Norton AV icon.

If you right click this red/white ATI Control panel icon (system tray
icon), you should see options displayed in a popup menu.

I went ahead and installed the latest bundle and EXACTLY to my
suspicion, the install of everything works as you indicated but upon
reboot, there is NO longer a listing of ATI Programs in the popup menu
if you right click on the red/white ATI Control panel icon displayed in
the system tray!!!

ATI is always half ass about things. I even tried re-installing the ATI
Control panel, no dice; ATI Programs is broken in this menu (this
problem has been around for a while).

I guess I shouldn't complain because the drivers are stable, and the
installation was a breeze; no uninstalling!!

The fix action to add the ATI Programs to the ATI Control icon is easy
using a registry editor. If you're interested, I can post the
instructions...I love this feature because this is where I usually
launch the TV player or the Library...

Larry

Old July 16th 03, 06:58 AM
Helen Chevy

Yes, I for one would like the registry information for getting the system
tray icon pop up back (that is the programs flyout). Thanks.

Helen