Using fan-fold tractor feed paper?

Old December 3rd 09, 05:34 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
FjLee

Default Using fan-fold tractor feed paper?

I have several LARGE cartons of fan-fold tractor feed paper. It’s a
nice, 20 lb. paper.

If I tear off the side-strips, separate and “fan” the individual
sheets, could I expect this paper to feed cleanly thru a modern
monochrome laser printer? ((Brother HL-2140))

Or would it want to jam a lot?

I don’t print a whole lot here at home…….maybe a dozen sheets a week
max.

You folks think it’d work for that?

Thank you….. FjLee
Old December 3rd 09, 06:29 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Fred McKenzie

In article
,
FjLee wrote:

I have several LARGE cartons of fan-fold tractor feed paper. It¹s a
nice, 20 lb. paper.

If I tear off the side-strips, separate and ³fan² the individual
sheets, could I expect this paper to feed cleanly thru a modern
monochrome laser printer? ((Brother HL-2140))

Or would it want to jam a lot?

FjLee-

It should work. However, you will have to be the guinea pig, and let us
know if it happens to jam.

I also have some fan-fold paper. I have kept it for possible use with a
couple old Epson dot-matrix printers. Unfortunately the old paper has
turned yellow with age!

Fred
Old December 4th 09, 01:07 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

I use some of this myself, both as individual sheets and for banner use,
since it is connected betwene sheets so one can make 22", 33", 44" etc,
if your printer allows.

All I can say is try it. The main problem would be the edges getting
caught on the serrated edges being a bit rought and catching. It really
depends upon how clean that edge becomes when the edges are removed.

I'd just test it. It will probably be fine. Just don't cramp the paper
with the paper margin positioner.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

Old December 10th 09, 11:59 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
TJ[_3_]

FjLee wrote:
I have several LARGE cartons of fan-fold tractor feed paper. It’s a
nice, 20 lb. paper.

If I tear off the side-strips, separate and “fan” the individual
sheets, could I expect this paper to feed cleanly thru a modern
monochrome laser printer? ((Brother HL-2140))

Or would it want to jam a lot?

I don’t print a whole lot here at home…….maybe a dozen sheets a week
max.

You folks think it’d work for that?

Thank you….. FjLee

You'll find that "fanning" that paper is a lot more difficult than
"regular" paper, but that's not such a big deal. You'll also find that
tearing those sheets apart can get pretty tedious by the time you get to
the bottom of a 2500-sheet box.

I've had several boxes myself that I've used in various HP inkjets. It
works OK, but the printer sometimes picks up more than one sheet at a
time. I never tried any in a laser printer. The biggest thing is the
paper color. Granted my paper has some age to it, but the fan-fold stuff
is never as white as most copy paper is today. I just use mine for
everyday, knock-around stuff, and use copy paper for the things that
matter more, or may go to someone else.

TJ