Dell Spare Parts + a part number

Old March 22nd 07, 07:09 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

Default Dell Spare Parts + a part number

I thought I'd saved it, but can't find it. Anyone have the number for Dell
Spare Parts? It's impossible to find on the website.

Also, I'm ordering the PS/2 Serial port for the XPS 410/Dimension 9200.
It's just a cable with the ports on the end and fits into the spot where a
PCI card would come out. No card, just a cable.

Anyone know that part number?

Thanks,

Tom

Old March 22nd 07, 07:13 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:09:39 -0400, "Tom Scales"
wrote:

I thought I'd saved it, but can't find it. Anyone have the number for Dell
Spare Parts? It's impossible to find on the website.

Also, I'm ordering the PS/2 Serial port for the XPS 410/Dimension 9200.
It's just a cable with the ports on the end and fits into the spot where a
PCI card would come out. No card, just a cable.

Anyone know that part number?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom, try 1-800-357-3355 . Can't help you on the part # tho.

Old March 22nd 07, 07:18 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR

wrote:

I thought I'd saved it, but can't find it. Anyone have the number for Dell
Spare Parts? It's impossible to find on the website.

Also, I'm ordering the PS/2 Serial port for the XPS 410/Dimension 9200.
It's just a cable with the ports on the end and fits into the spot where a
PCI card would come out. No card, just a cable.

Anyone know that part number?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom, in addition to my last post should it help:
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/D...~ck=mn& RPU=1

Old March 22nd 07, 07:23 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Rich

Try JF224, Assembly, Printed Wiring Assy Input/output, SER/PS2, Full Height,
Lead Free. $10.95

I orderd one back in January. Came in less than a week by DHL. Shipping was
$8.00 and tax was $1.14

Rich

Old March 22nd 07, 07:25 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Rich

Tom:

B.T.W. The old part number for the PS/2/Serial was Y9003 and apparently they
use JF224 now.

Rich

Old March 22nd 07, 08:28 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

Perfect, just what I needed. Turns out the GX620 uses the same part (I have
one and tried it on both). Makes it easier to use a KVM (cheaper than
replacing a nice 8-port PS/2 based KVM). Works pretty well too. I hate
wasting USB ports for keyboard and mouse.

Tom

Old March 22nd 07, 08:53 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

Well, they didn't know JF224, but did know Y9003.

I love the whole process. Even though I had a part number he would NOT sell
them to me without knowing my service code. I had to, twice, assure them
that they were for my personal use and I would NOT export them.

Clearly the Iranians are in desparate need of PS/2 ports.

Old March 22nd 07, 09:20 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Rich

I had ordered the Y9003 but the invoice and packing slip said JF224 and it
that it was substituted for Y9003.

You cant order these on-line only by phone.

You'd be surprised at the number of things that cannot be exported without a
State Department License or approval.

Rich

Old March 22nd 07, 10:25 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

Yeah, because we know that using a PS/2 keyboard rather than a USB keyboard
makes the information more important

"Tom Scales" wrote in message
I thought I'd saved it, but can't find it. Anyone have the number for
Dell Spare Parts? It's impossible to find on the website.

Also, I'm ordering the PS/2 Serial port for the XPS 410/Dimension
9200. It's just a cable with the ports on the end and fits into the
spot where a PCI card would come out. No card, just a cable.

Anyone know that part number?

Thanks,

Tom

Dell Part Number for IDT-10 Cable? Will Dell Computers 5 October 8th 06 01:36 PM
Does Dell offer spare part sales to small repair centers? Nocturnal Dell Computers 5 June 20th 06 12:11 PM
(FYI) U.S. Dell spare parts phone number S.Lewis Dell Computers 0 June 8th 05 01:46 PM
Dell Spare Parts Mikey Dell Computers 4 March 10th 05 10:50 PM
Can non-Dell owners order spare parts? Jeffrey J. Kosowsky Dell Computers 2 July 9th 03 11:57 PM