Control Panel Help

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 14th 06, 04:19 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
JLC

Default Control Panel Help

I'm sick of having to deal with CCC so I removed it, and installed good old
Control Panel. My question is, is there a way to turn on Adaptive AA (I
think that's what it's called) without using CCC? And also what about
Avivo? Is it running in the background even though I can't use it's
controls? These are the only reasons I can think of for running CCC, if
there's a way to take full advantage of what my card can do (x1900xt (256)
without that crappy CCC it sure would be nice. Maybe there's a program I can
DL that can access these features? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also I wanted to share a strange thing that happened to me last night. And
see if this has happened to any of you guys. I've been playing around with
the CCC OC utility and I've never gotten it to work. It either runs for a
few minutes then locks up, or it will finish fast and I never hear my card
revving up, and it doesn't do anything when it's done. So last night I DL'ed
good old ATI Tool ( .25 Beta 16) I ran the program, but when I opened the 3D
viewer, my card took off and started running faster and faster, I didn't hit
any of the OC buttons. So like a dummy I hit the Core test. My monitor
screen instantly turned into a muti color pattern of lines, and of course
locked up. So I rebooted and brought up CCC and the OC utility to check on
my cards speed settings to my horror they read Core 521 Mem 500! I then
stared to freak out, plus it was like 1am and I was burned out. So I load up
ATI Tool and it tells me that the card is fine and running at 621/720.
So then I bring up CCC again and it still show the slow clock speeds, but
after a sec. it switches back to the right speeds. So the deal was that
unless I brought up ATI Tool first, CCC would tell me that my settings where
521/500. So that's when I decided I was done with this hunk of crap and
started all over again but this time with Control Panel with the 6.10
drivers.
So has this happened to any of you guys, I'm not really that interested in
OC'ing my card I was just curious to see what it could do. JLC