What to do with extra cartridges?

Old August 16th 07, 09:54 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
MS[_2_]

Default What to do with extra cartridges?

We use our Hewlett Packard HP C6180 for printing fliers for our
business, and the printer really only seems to use three or four of
the colors often. The dark blue, dark magenta, yellow, and black. I
buy the all-in-one printer cartridge pack because it's far cheaper
than buying each of the four cartridges.

My problem is that I have several of each of the light blue and light
magenta cartridges. The girl at Office Depot said I could "recycle"
the unused cartridges just as I would the used cartridges and still
receive my discount, but I don't like the idea of recycling something
unused.

Does anyone know of a program for getting rid of unused ink cartridges?

Old August 16th 07, 10:33 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
On Web[_2_]

ups.com...

www.freecycle.org might be an idea.

Old August 17th 07, 12:23 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Ron in NY

MS wrote:

We use our Hewlett Packard HP C6180 for printing fliers for our
business, and the printer really only seems to use three or four of
the colors often. The dark blue, dark magenta, yellow, and black. I
buy the all-in-one printer cartridge pack because it's far cheaper
than buying each of the four cartridges.

My problem is that I have several of each of the light blue and light
magenta cartridges. The girl at Office Depot said I could "recycle"
the unused cartridges just as I would the used cartridges and still
receive my discount, but I don't like the idea of recycling something
unused.

Does anyone know of a program for getting rid of unused ink cartridges?

EBAY
Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.
Old August 17th 07, 03:24 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected][_2_]

On Aug 16, 7:23 pm, (Ron in NY) wrote:
MS wrote:
We use our Hewlett Packard HP C6180 for printing fliers for our
business, and the printer really only seems to use three or four of
the colors often. The dark blue, dark magenta, yellow, and black. I
buy the all-in-one printer cartridge pack because it's far cheaper
than buying each of the four cartridges.

My problem is that I have several of each of the light blue and light
magenta cartridges. The girl at Office Depot said I could "recycle"
the unused cartridges just as I would the used cartridges and still
receive my discount, but I don't like the idea of recycling something
unused.

Does anyone know of a program for getting rid of unused ink cartridges?

EBAY
Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

Quite the problem you have.

I may be able to help. (in a way)

First, I would donate the cartridges to a charity such as a womans
shelter or church for full value in a tax receipt.

Secondly, I would donate the printer for a reasonable value tax
receipt and take a serious look at getting a quality Epson printer for
around $100 and a continuous ink system for around $100. (ask me why
Epson)

It seems to me that your fliers are colour, or you would have
invested in a standard laser printer. The colour lasers just don't cut
it (for a small business price).

You bought a printer with individual colour cartridges to be
economical, because that makes sense to replace just the one that
needs it.

Now, I am not trying to sound cruel or in sensitive to your existing
printer, but I do dislike HP for building the print heads on to each
new cartridge, which I am sure could be used for hundreds of prints,
but gets tossed away after around 40 or so photos. (8.5 x 11). The
land fills of North America are full of cartridges and perfectly good
printers, as the cartridges have run out of ink, and it is cheaper to
buy a new printer. God help us.

*** anyhoo- back on track.

You need a reliable, in expensive to run and sensible printer, so take
a look at this:

http://www.geocities.com/rudedude121...nk_system.html

I do not sell these- but highly recommend them.

Please have a look and feel free to ask any questions... Rudi

Old August 17th 07, 03:33 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected][_2_]

MS wrote:
[...]

It may be possible to buy a CIS for your printer, but you may have to
modify the casing to allow for the tubing.

Old August 17th 07, 03:43 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Michael Grey[_2_]

This printer has a permanent printhead which the user CAN replace if needed
unlike an Epson.
I think you should just buy what cartridges are needed.
The HP value pack with paper is not such a sweet deal.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Old August 17th 07, 03:56 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected][_2_]

On Aug 16, 10:43 pm, "Michael Grey" wrote:
This printer has a permanent printhead which the user CAN replace if needed
unlike an Epson.
I think you should just buy what cartridges are needed.
The HP value pack with paper is not such a sweet deal.

wrote in message

oups.com...

MS wrote:
[...]

If the HP C6180 has a permanent print head, and the cartridges are
just shells, than it would be moucho easy to refill them or buy
spongeless refillable ones!

Bonus!

Check out www.inksupply.com for excellent refill kits and some of the
worlds best quality third party ink.

Old August 19th 07, 03:06 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
RCC

In message , On Web
writes
"MS" wrote in message
oups.com...
We use our Hewlett Packard HP C6180 for printing fliers for our
business, and the printer really only seems to use three or four of
the colors often. The dark blue, dark magenta, yellow, and black. I
buy the all-in-one printer cartridge pack because it's far cheaper
than buying each of the four cartridges.

My problem is that I have several of each of the light blue and light
magenta cartridges. The girl at Office Depot said I could "recycle"
the unused cartridges just as I would the used cartridges and still
receive my discount, but I don't like the idea of recycling something
unused.

Does anyone know of a program for getting rid of unused ink cartridges?

www.freecycle.org might be an idea.

Design a one off themed campaign flier that uses mostly light blue &
magenta (maybe just with a small standard colour logo in one corner).
Print zillions. Problem goes away.
--
Richard C
Old August 23rd 07, 01:30 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
zakezuke

On Aug 16, 1:54 pm, MS wrote:
We use our Hewlett Packard HP C6180 for printing fliers for our
business, and the printer really only seems to use three or four of
the colors often. The dark blue, dark magenta, yellow, and black. I
buy the all-in-one printer cartridge pack because it's far cheaper
than buying each of the four cartridges.

My problem is that I have several of each of the light blue and light
magenta cartridges. The girl at Office Depot said I could "recycle"
the unused cartridges just as I would the used cartridges and still
receive my discount, but I don't like the idea of recycling something
unused.

Does anyone know of a program for getting rid of unused ink cartridges?

Someone said e-bay, I would say http://seattle.craigslist.org/about/cities.html

If it's really a better deal to buy multi-packs, it would be a stellar
deal to sell the unused tanks, or give them away to a charity.

Old August 24th 07, 07:16 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Fenrir Enterprises

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 20:54:43 -0000, MS wrote:

We use our Hewlett Packard HP C6180 for printing fliers for our
business, and the printer really only seems to use three or four of
the colors often. The dark blue, dark magenta, yellow, and black. I
buy the all-in-one printer cartridge pack because it's far cheaper
than buying each of the four cartridges.

My problem is that I have several of each of the light blue and light
magenta cartridges. The girl at Office Depot said I could "recycle"
the unused cartridges just as I would the used cartridges and still
receive my discount, but I don't like the idea of recycling something
unused.

Does anyone know of a program for getting rid of unused ink cartridges?

Getting back to this a little late - You should carefully examine the
ml size on the all in one pack and the individual cartridge boxes.

Most HP All-In-One photo packs have half-sized cartridges included.
(i.e. the one with the 57/58 cartridges say '57/58 Series', which
means they'll work in the printer but are not the exact same model as
the individual carts). It might not be a better deal at all.