PSU behind video card 'failures'?

Old September 18th 07, 07:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
DerekBaker

Default PSU behind video card 'failures'?

A couple of weeks ago I had what I though was video card trouble: had a
lot of instability in Windows and eventually there was no picture.

Replaced that X800 with a new X1950GT and all was fine.

Until yesterday. When I turned on the machine the fans ran, but nothing
else happened.

Testing today, shows the machine's fine with my old Radeon 8500.

Replaced the 430w Seasonic S12 with an Antec 550w that I already had.
Now it will work with the 8500 and the 'broken' X800 - the X1950GT is
still no go.

The 550 - a True Power - can't power an X1960GT when there's only the
CPU, one stick of memory, a keyboard and mouse and the room temp's 19C?

The question is is it worth getting a Corsair 620?

Thanks

--
Derek
Old September 18th 07, 10:35 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
GMAN[_3_]

In article , DerekBaker wrote:
A couple of weeks ago I had what I though was video card trouble: had a
lot of instability in Windows and eventually there was no picture.

Replaced that X800 with a new X1950GT and all was fine.

Until yesterday. When I turned on the machine the fans ran, but nothing
else happened.

Testing today, shows the machine's fine with my old Radeon 8500.

Replaced the 430w Seasonic S12 with an Antec 550w that I already had.
Now it will work with the 8500 and the 'broken' X800 - the X1950GT is
still no go.

The 550 - a True Power - can't power an X1960GT when there's only the
CPU, one stick of memory, a keyboard and mouse and the room temp's 19C?

The question is is it worth getting a Corsair 620?

Thanks

The Antec 550 should be more than enough to power the X1960GT. Inless you have
tons of HardDrives and stuff in your system.
Old September 18th 07, 11:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
DerekBaker

* GMAN:
[...]

2 HDD
2 Optical drives
2 x 1GB DIMMS
1 Sound Card

--
Derek
Old September 18th 07, 11:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
GMAN[_3_]

In article , DerekBaker wrote:
* GMAN:
In article , DerekBaker

wrote:
[...]

Still should be fine, I run 2 (320GB SATA drives) ,2 (250GB EIDE drives), a
DVD Recorder, A floppy, 2(1GB DIMMS), SB Live Card, Nvidia 7800GT Video card
all on an antec 550