crashes when scrolling huge bitmaps - nVidia 7600 GS

Old March 12th 07, 09:41 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Herbert Meister

Default crashes when scrolling huge bitmaps - nVidia 7600 GS

Hi,

I am working with huge graphics at the moment an notice problems when
shifting huge windows/graphics over my two monitors (both 1280x1024).

The mouse freezes, then one monitor is going black and after some time
the other one goes black. The only thing I can do is to restart windows
with a hard reset. I tried installing the current driver but the problem
occurs again and again from time to time.

Any ideas?

Old March 13th 07, 06:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
johns

You don't have enough ram. Sounds like a stack crash.
What is your system?

johns

Old March 13th 07, 09:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Herbert Meister

johns wrote:
You don't have enough ram. Sounds like a stack crash.
What is your system?

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 2.21 Ghz 2GB RAM
Windows XP SP2

The Card has 256 MB RAM.

Can it be something with aperture aize in bios? I mean like the VGA is
swaping RAM into the system memory and nfore chip has some problems?

The effect mostly happens in Flash. I had a 2500x1600 Flash movie, when
I clicked fullscreen the graphic crashed like discribed. Yesterday it
happend in Flash when scrolling fast (1260x800 movie). But it doesn't
look like a programm crash it has to be the graphic card.
Old March 13th 07, 09:39 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Herbert Meister

Quietman wrote:
Sounds like your graphics card could be over heating.

I don't think so. It happens also when the system is not running long
and the graphic card isn't used too much. No overclocking!
Old March 13th 07, 11:38 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Herbert Meister

I looked in the bios, but aperture size doesn't exist
Old March 13th 07, 04:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Herbert Meister

Herbert Meister wrote:

The effect mostly happens in Flash. I had a 2500x1600 Flash movie, when
I clicked fullscreen the graphic crashed like discribed. Yesterday it
happend in Flash when scrolling fast (1260x800 movie). But it doesn't
look like a programm crash it has to be the graphic card.

Looks like the crashes mainly occur when working with both monitors.
Just had a crash today when scrolling in flash quickly and the
application windows was over two monitors. When working on one monitor
(maximized window) it seems to be ok.
Old March 15th 07, 01:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

Herbert Meister wrote:
Herbert Meister wrote:

The effect mostly happens in Flash. I had a 2500x1600 Flash movie,
when I clicked fullscreen the graphic crashed like discribed.
Yesterday it happend in Flash when scrolling fast (1260x800 movie).
But it doesn't look like a programm crash it has to be the graphic card.

Looks like the crashes mainly occur when working with both monitors.
Just had a crash today when scrolling in flash quickly and the
application windows was over two monitors. When working on one monitor
(maximized window) it seems to be ok.

Have you checked Event Viewer for logged errors ?

Maybe the name of a driver will be associated with the error.

Paul
Old March 15th 07, 03:09 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Herbert Meister

Paul wrote:

Have you checked Event Viewer for logged errors ?

Maybe the name of a driver will be associated with the error.

I only see somthing like "ForceWare Intelligent Application Manager
(IAM) can not be found". But I am sure this was after the restart. Do
you think this is related to the problem?
Old March 15th 07, 04:23 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Herbert Meister

I also fond a file called "_nvidia_xxx_.log" in the windows/system32
folder, but it is empty.