Memory timings for best speed

Old July 2nd 03, 11:14 PM
Lee

Default Memory timings for best speed

Hi Pete

Generally with memory timings if you go on the rule a lower value=faster
performance but personally i would leave it on auto unless you want to
start experiencing crashes/lockups ;-(

Later.

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 14:47:00 GMT, "pete" had the
will to write:

What is the best setup for my Kingston 2700 memory, I have 2 sticks of the
same 256 2700 memory(333mhz CL2.5). I am currently using a P4 2.0 not O/C'ed
on an Asus P4S533 mobo which runs at 400bus. CPU/MEM ration is set to
auto(auto, 1:1, 3:4, 3:5, 3:6). Memory is set to BYSPD. In the chip setup
for the memory it shows auto as being 2.5, 4, 4, 7 with the lead off(auto,
2T, 1T) set also to auto. I was hoping to increase my memory bandwidth from
around 2200 in Sandra to something closer to what the memory is capable of.
I believe the memory could be running faster than it is. I just don't know
how to set it up. I remember on my old P3B-F with P3 750 I was able to get
better performance by changing the memory timings. Now that this
board(P4S533) has introduced CPU/MEM ratios and memory timing adjustments
and just can't seem to figure it out and need your help. I have searched
extensively and am still confused because I can't find anyone talking about
my specific equipment.

Thanks,

Pete

----