What nvidia card would you reccomend?

Old September 18th 03, 10:17 PM
James alba

Default What nvidia card would you reccomend?

What nvidia card would you guys reccomend for me ...as a more than
average user and gamer but nothing too serios or expensive.

under $180 can.

thx

Old September 19th 03, 12:43 AM
Jean

9600 Pro... I went from the 5200FX in my girlfrend computer, the 9600 Pro is
at least 3x faster ... no kidding.

om...

Old September 19th 03, 01:22 AM
Too_Much_Coffee ®

"James alba" wrote in message
om...
What nvidia card would you guys reccomend for me ...as a more than
average user and gamer but nothing too serios or expensive.

under $180 can.

What are you upgrading from?

The Ti4200, if you don't care about DX9 support. It's a great performer at
$78US. ($107 CDN)

http://tinyurl.com/l7ka or http://tinyurl.com/nsa1

Another card that would be under $180 CDN would be the FX5600 Ultra.

TMC

thx

Old September 19th 03, 02:04 AM
ho alexandre

James alba wrote:

What nvidia card would you guys reccomend for me ...as a more than
average user and gamer but nothing too serios or expensive.

I'm satisfied with my FX5600 Normaltra, so you can probably get a
FX5600Ultra today.

--
XandreX
/I'm that kind of people your parents warned you about/

Old September 19th 03, 02:18 AM
Tom

"Jean" wrote in message
news
9600 Pro... I went from the 5200FX in my girlfrend computer, the 9600 Pro

is
at least 3x faster ... no kidding.

No doubt, but with all due respect the 5200FX is a pretty slow card.

Even a ti4200 would be a fair bit faster.

Tom

Old September 19th 03, 02:59 AM
James alba

comon guys seriosly...and actually i wouldn't mind some info on good
ATI cards either....
Old September 19th 03, 03:10 AM
bluestringer

"James alba" wrote in message
om...
What nvidia card would you guys reccomend for me ...as a more than
average user and gamer but nothing too serios or expensive.

under $180 can.

thx

All I can say is my FX5200 Ultra works for me. All my games look and play
great. The DX9 demo game I downloaded looks and runs awesome. PNY brand, 150
bucks.

bluestringer

Old September 19th 03, 06:40 AM
James alba

yo can you guys give me some canadian websites ...prefering VANCOUVER BC AREA
for a ti 4200 or a ATI 9600 or a FX 5600