ASUS GeForce 5200 FX: no fog?

Old July 12th 03, 02:39 AM
Andreas Eibach

Default ASUS GeForce 5200 FX: no fog?

Well, I'm really considering giving this damn card back to my vendor.

I'm THAT angry. This card is still at about $140, but I don't get fog!
I test-played Tomb Raider 6 - Angel of Darkness. (This is no game pro-con
forum, so please avoid discussions about the game itself, thanks. )

TR6 option menu had [ ] Fog checkbox disabled, which gave me a strong
suspicion that this card wasn't able to display fog, even when looking at
its price, it _ought to_!

So I ask everybody of you:
- Which card do I need to get correctly displayed fog with games?

- What hardware prevents my card from displaying fog correctly?
or
- Can I hope to get fog with a future update of Detonator drivers?

Thanks for any replies.
-ae-

Old July 12th 03, 05:25 PM
Rick Flair

Try enabling 'fog table emulation' in the Dierct 3D part of the Nvidia
display control panel and see if that helps.

RF

Ya talking about pirated games would be stupid.

Old July 13th 03, 01:03 PM
Andreas Eibach

"Rick Flair" wrote:
Try enabling 'fog table emulation' in the Dierct 3D part of the Nvidia
display control panel and see if that helps.

Nah, because it was already on.
But enabling fog in the TR6 menu just brought a kind of "oil film" on my
screen but no fog effect.
My point stays: this card must be replaced by a more expensive one to get
this displayed correctly.

RF

Ya talking about pirated games would be stupid.

Pardon?? This a signature?
Well, if yes, than it's a real irritating one

Old July 13th 03, 02:30 PM
Aussie

Playing the same game on my machine with Leadtek winfast FX 5200 , no probs,
oh god ,its so fogggy ,i cant even see where im goiiiiiiing...Anyway, i dont
think its the card mate..And stop blaming the hardware because its not doing
the things that u expect from them ,,,Its just like putting a unlicenced
driver behinde a steering wheel, if u know what i mean.....
Run 3d 2003 you'll find out :-))))))