Leadtek K7NCR18D-PRO Front Panel Audio Help

Old January 14th 04, 09:13 PM
Yertman

Default Leadtek K7NCR18D-PRO Front Panel Audio Help

Got the above mobo and it runs like a champ. One thing I really
wanted out of the mobo was the ability to route my audio to the front
panel of my case (a Raidmax case). I have a plug there for headphones
that I got from Raidmax (it's the usb and the headphone/microphone
plugs all together), but the labels on the pins (at the end of the
hook up cable for audio) don't match up with what's on the mobo on the
front panel audio header. I'm not sure where to put each pin on the
mobo...it appears there are more plug wires than there are pins on the
mobo.

I'm also curious, if I plug up the front panel header, does that
circumvent the audio that goes out the back plug? I want my desk
speakers to work of course, but I'd like to be able to plug my
headphones in the front if I can to kill the desktop sound for late
night gaming.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old January 14th 04, 10:00 PM
Askhow.net

Hi There,

You can download the manual for your board here
http://www.leadtek.com/drivers.htm it should have diagrams to tell you which
goes where.

Adding audio to a bay of your tower is just splicing the audio. There may
be controls to fade of turn off one and not the other.

Hope this helps

Jaks http://www.askhow.net
Free Support Forums

m...