How can I get advertised burn speed?

Old November 22nd 03, 04:18 AM
Dave Cohen

I get 32x using a Phillips 48x cd-r on my Samsung 52x24x32. I get 10x from
memorex hi speed cd-rw media with verify ok. Got a package of 5 Ultra speed
memorex cd-rw, burns at 24x but only 2 out of 5 would burn the complete cd
error free. Obviously not recommended. Old 4x cd-rw from previous machine
seem ok.
Dave Cohen

"Charles Howse" wrote in message
Sparker9 wrote:

If the Fuji's are rated at 48x....that's the maximum you can ever hope

get out of them (at best).

Use the tool that I referenced previously to analyze the media's specs.
Sometimes the mfg's rating may be overstated.

I've read that's it's a good rule of thumb to burn at one-half the
burner's maximum (assuming the media allows this rate). I think the

higher
rates only really count if one's into a production run (IMHO).

Unix Operating Systems can't use .exe files.

Old November 22nd 03, 05:48 PM
Rui Sá

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:10:22 -0800, Mike Richter
wrote:

Charles Howse wrote:
ATIP info from disk: Indicated writing power: 5 Reference speed: 2 Is
not unrestricted Is erasable ATIP start of lead in: -11635
(97:26/65) ATIP start of lead out: 337350 (75:00/00) 1T speed low: 0
(reserved val 0) 1T speed high: 4 2T speed low: 8 2T speed high:
0 (reserved val 10)

I saw but could not interpret what I read. That is, "not unrestricted"
means the speed is restricted to something - but what?

Doesn't the 'unrestricted' have to do with the ability to be recorded
on stand-alone recorders, i.e. if it is an 'audio' CD-RW?

--
To reply by e-mail please replace the underscore with a dot.