How to upgrade BIOS

Old August 29th 04, 07:00 PM
dino

Default How to upgrade BIOS

Can someone please tell me how up upgrade my bios.

I have tried esupport no luck.

Please help

Field Value
BIOS Properties
BIOS Type Award
Award BIOS Type Phoenix-Award BIOS v6.00PG
Award BIOS Message V.BN790E B06 05-10-2002
System BIOS Date 05/10/02
Video BIOS Date 03/22/01

BIOS Manufacturer
Company Name Phoenix Technologies Ltd.
Product Information http://www.phoenix.com/en/products/default.htm
BIOS Upgrades http://www.esupport.com/biosagent/in...m?refererid=40

Problems & Suggestions
Suggestion Are you looking for a BIOS Upgrade? Contact eSupport Today!
Suggestion System BIOS is more than 2 years old. Update it if necessary.
Suggestion Video BIOS is more than 2 years old. Update it if necessary.

Field Value
Motherboard Properties
Motherboard ID 05/10/2002-VT8366-8233-6A6LVJ1BC-00
Motherboard Name Acorp 7KT266AL / Jetway 867AS(-H)/V266A/V266B

Front Side Bus Properties
Bus Type DEC Alpha EV6
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 134 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 268 MHz
Bandwidth 2141 MB/s

Memory Bus Properties
Bus Type DDR SDRAM
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 134 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 268 MHz
Bandwidth 2141 MB/s

Chipset Bus Properties
Bus Type VIA V-Link
Bus Width 8-bit
Real Clock 67 MHz (QDR)
Effective Clock 268 MHz
Bandwidth 268 MB/s

Motherboard Manufacturer
Company Name Acorp Electronics Corporation
Product Information
http://www.acorp.com.tw/Products_inf.../Socket478.htm
BIOS Download http://www.acorp.com.tw/BIOS/BIOS%20...-Intel-478.htm

Old August 29th 04, 07:54 PM
Bob Day

"dino" wrote in message
Can someone please tell me how up upgrade my bios.

Go to support on your mainboard manufacturer's website
and follow their instructions.

-- Bob Day

Old August 29th 04, 08:07 PM
Bob Day

"Bob Day" wrote in message
"dino" wrote in message
Can someone please tell me how up upgrade my bios.

Go to support on your mainboard manufacturer's website
and follow their instructions.

You didn't tell us that you can't read Chinese.
Try this link:
http://www.acorp.com.tw/eng/download...d=177&lineid=1

-- Bob Day

Old August 30th 04, 12:20 AM
BudMan

Who built your board? If its a newer boards (1998+) most will have flash
upgradeable BIOS right from the manufacturer's website.

Old August 30th 04, 08:55 AM
dino

"dino" wrote in message
[...]

No idea who built the board.

Computer was purcahsed around 2001-2002.

Old August 30th 04, 08:11 PM
Shep©

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 19:00:49 +0100 To confuse Arrogance with
Confidence is as stupid as to confuse Ambition with Ability and then
"dino" wrote :

[...]

Try here,
http://www.wimsbios.com/
May take a bit of searching but you should be able to track it
down.Also here as well,
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/awardflash.html

HTH

--