Compaq Evo Laptop and Radeon Mobility M6-P Graphics - Cat 3.6?

Old July 25th 03, 11:42 AM
Carchadon

Default Compaq Evo Laptop and Radeon Mobility M6-P Graphics - Cat 3.6?

Hi I have a Compaq Evo n600c Laptop (1Ghz PIII-M) which has a Radeon
M6-P graphics adapter - some of the older games run fine but newer ones
are a bit naff - I dont expect much from a laptop but the newest drivers
Compaq have for this machines graphics are dated Early/mid 2002.......

My question is can I install the Cat 3.6 suite of drivers as I
understand that these now run for both Built By and Powered By ATI
cards.........

The reason for asking and not just trying them out is I once made the
fatal mistake of accepting a Windows Update ATI driver (as it was newer
than my currently installed one) but of course Windows Update had
misidentified my Radeon model and the result was crashing and blue
screens on reboot - I dont really want to repeat this process

Many thanks

Old July 27th 03, 05:12 AM
William Scott

These drivers will install on the Mobility chips....

http://www.omegacorner.com/ati.htm