Which Bios Flash Utility??

Old October 8th 03, 12:20 PM
Nate Grey

Default Which Bios Flash Utility??

I want to Flash my 8INXP to the new F5 bios. I would rather not install a
floppy drive to use the QFlash utility so I was wondering if the @bios
program is okay to use. (it says to use Qflash when I downloaded the bios,
but @bios did come with my motherboard??)

Cheers

Old October 8th 03, 01:01 PM
Vision Satellite

Hi.
I've used @Bios on my 81xnp in the past with no problems, but I have just
used the QFlash to flash the new F5. I wasn't prepared to take the risk! I'm
just hoping that F5 fixes the intermittent fail to Post and AGP 8x probs.
The temps look better on the CPU.
Time will tell !
Mark

--
For all your Satellite TV needs....with online shopping and our interactive
shop cam.

Old October 8th 03, 06:57 PM
Richard Dower

"Vision Satellite" wrote in message
Hi.
I've used @Bios on my 81xnp in the past with no problems, but I have just
used the QFlash to flash the new F5. I wasn't prepared to take the risk!

I'm
just hoping that F5 fixes the intermittent fail to Post and AGP 8x probs.
The temps look better on the CPU.
Time will tell !
Mark

I flashed using the floppy option, it's not a problem at all...and you have
dual BIOS if anything does go wrong.

Old October 9th 03, 10:20 AM
Vision Satellite

"Richard Dower" wrote in message

"Vision Satellite" wrote in message
Hi.
I've used @Bios on my 81xnp in the past with no problems, but I have

just
used the QFlash to flash the new F5. I wasn't prepared to take the risk!

I'm
just hoping that F5 fixes the intermittent fail to Post and AGP 8x

probs.
The temps look better on the CPU.
Time will tell !
Mark

I flashed using the floppy option, it's not a problem at all...and you

have
dual BIOS if anything does go wrong.

Yeah it was the floppy option I used.

F5 doesn't fix intermittent fail to POST probs, but the CPU temperature
readings on my 3.06 P4 now seem much more stable. I'm also running in AGP 8x
with no hangs up until now, whereas with the F4 bios my sytem was pretty
unstable and had to set the AGP to 4x.
Regards
Mark

BIOS corrupted on A7V880 [email protected] Asus Motherboards 5 February 8th 05 09:17 AM
Bios flash woes Tocapet Asus Motherboards 6 January 28th 05 10:59 PM
DONT BUY ASUS PRODUCTS/TECH SUPPORT HORRIBLE tilimil Asus Motherboards 8 December 12th 04 07:56 AM
Old P/I-P55TP4XE BIOS flash problems Erick Ondich Asus Motherboards 2 December 6th 04 03:43 PM
ASUS PC-DL bios disaster biomorphic Asus Motherboards 3 September 22nd 04 02:11 AM