TMPGEnc and KVCD Templates - Problem - Please help!

Old May 29th 04, 03:15 AM
nospam

Default TMPGEnc and KVCD Templates - Problem - Please help!

Hello,

I have a problem and I can't figure out what is going on or how to fix it. I
have a couple of video files in .avi and .mpg format that I am trying to
re-encode with TMPGEnc and the KVCD templates so that I can make Video CDs
out of them.

The original video file when played through Windows Media Player as well as
Nero ShowTime, etc. has audio and video and plays great. However, when I
re-encode the file using the above programs with the stream in TMPGEnc set
to System (Audio+Video) the audio is lost. I have tried going in to the
settings and changing it to Layer 1, Layer 2 and Linear PCM (which requires
the stream be one of the ES options). No matter what I do it still encodes
and the end file has no audio.

I have done a couple dozen files and every once in a while this happens. Any
ideas how to can get this fixed so I can get these files encoded?

Thanks,

Robert

--
- Grow Your Own Dope, Plant a Politician.

Old May 29th 04, 05:21 AM
Theo

"nospam" wrote in
:

The original video file when played through Windows Media Player as
well as Nero ShowTime, etc. has audio and video and plays great.
However, when I re-encode the file using the above programs with the
stream in TMPGEnc set to System (Audio+Video) the audio is lost. I
have tried going in to the settings and changing it to Layer 1, Layer
2 and Linear PCM (which requires the stream be one of the ES options).
No matter what I do it still encodes and the end file has no audio.

kvcd does not do audio.

what you should do is extract the audio, and use another program (cdex or
something) to reencode the audio, then multiplex them back together.
Old May 29th 04, 09:06 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes !!! )

nospam wrote:

[...]

How to convert DivX (AVI) movie to KVCD or KSVCD with TMPGEnc?
http://www.weethet.nl/english/video_divx2kvcd.php
Old May 29th 04, 05:49 PM
nospam

I have already done this and it doesn't work. Also, I see nothing in the
original .avi file that say anything about Divx.

Robert

. --------------------------------------

Old May 29th 04, 05:51 PM
nospam

This is bull. I have re-encoded about a dozen video files and it does the
audio right along with it. There is even and audio tab in the setting dialog
box. It may not be able to edit it or do anything else but it can encode it
back in to the video file while re-encoding. Otherwise all of the files I
have converted would have been audio-less and not just one or two.

BTW Nero will encode it fine and keep the audio. But, I have some that will
not fit on the VCD without using the KVCD templates.

Robert

"Theo" wrote in message
"nospam" wrote in
:

Old May 29th 04, 11:23 PM
Theo

"nospam" wrote in news:Pc3uc.13901$Fo4.195396
@typhoon.sonic.net:

This is bull. I have re-encoded about a dozen video files and it does the
audio right along with it.

allow me to rephrase.

using the project wizard "kvcd" does not do audio... and it says so.
whether or not you should change that I dont know since tmpgenc had
problems with vbr audio (no longer I guess, or so I have heard)and I chose
not use it.

also, if you look at the various tutorials out there, they all use other
programs to reencode the audio, mostly because of tmpgencs inability to
decode certain source audio formats... and the quality of the encoder. So
its good practice to learn how to demux anyway.

But if you can do it all in one pass, more power to you.