Bad sectors again? What gives?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 21st 03, 05:23 PM
david

Default Bad sectors again? What gives?

This cannot be a coincidence! I just got a new MAtrox Harddrive and
installed the Pro Magic 6.0 that came with my Aopen 533N motherboard.
Just before installing, it did a scan disk and a defrag - not errors
or bad sectors. Now, after it installed and had a hard time booting
several times after the PRo Magic was installed, it now detects over 9
GIGs of Bad sectors - this is right after I had 25 GIG of bad sectors
on the last hard drive before I returned it - all after installing Pro
Magic 6.0! Worse than this, I only detected about 1 Gig of bad
sectors, went to reboot and found 9 GIGs! Nothing before installing
this software...what the hell gives?

What can I do about this? Does this sound like a virus on the OEM cd?
When I first had the problem, even after formatting, there were still
bad sectors.

Anyone have a fix or a workaround for this? Should I get a new drive
(again!)
??