PB Atlanta PB800 Motherboard, Manual needed.

Old April 28th 04, 06:02 PM
limestone-cowboy

Default PB Atlanta PB800 Motherboard, Manual needed.

Does anyone know where I can get a manual, or alternatively can anyone
identify all the unlabeled connectors from the case to the motherboard.

Ta.

the e-mail formula is caco3

Old April 28th 04, 06:13 PM
limestone-cowboy

"limestone-cowboy" wrote in
message ...
Does anyone know where I can get a manual, or alternatively can anyone
identify all the unlabeled connectors from the case to the motherboard.

Ta.

the e-mail formula is caco3

The case is a Milano one, so that would be more useful.

Old April 29th 04, 07:09 AM
metronid

The manual is available on
www.priorityonesupport.com
You must register to use
It is free

Also here is a quick look at the jumpers
http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/pb/mb/805.htm

"limestone-cowboy" wrote in
message ...

"limestone-cowboy" wrote

in
message ...

Old April 29th 04, 02:44 PM
Ben Myers

The picture shown at the referenced URL, along with the labels for jumper
settings and connectors leads me to conclude that the motherboard is an
Intel-manufactured AL440LX, for which a complete reference manual can be
downloaded from the Intel web site.

For a while at least, PB bought its motherboards from Intel, a long-time
supplier of decent quality motherboards... Ben Myers

Old April 30th 04, 08:58 PM
Ben Myers

The Intel spec for the AL440LX implies that PC100 will work, but this is always
risky. The memory MUST be low density to have any prayer of working.

I'll look at my stash of misc memory and if I find some PC66 and it tests out OK
in an AL440LX here, I can sell it to you at a fair price. I know I have some
32MB sticks. 64MB or 128MB? A firm maybe... Ben Myers

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 19:10:27 +0100, "limestone-cowboy"
wrote:

The motherboard is labelled but the leads weren't. I dismantled the case,
checked where all the leads went and it is running fine. Have a 333 chip
instead of the original 233 but finding PC66 SDRAM is a pain (so is running
the machine on 32mb). Will persevere and use the machine as a Linux server.

Thanks for the attempts at helping me.

Ta.