Fitting new 8KNXP - Any Tips

Old January 15th 04, 02:21 PM
alans220

Default Fitting new 8KNXP - Any Tips

Hi,

Just got my 8KNXP, will be fitting it at the weekend.

Any advice on installation, setting up or Bios tips.

thanks

al

Old January 16th 04, 06:33 AM
Sammylad

You may want to flash to the latest Bios before installing.

"Dumdedo" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:21:44 +0000, alans220 wrote:

Hi,

Just got my 8KNXP, will be fitting it at the weekend.

Any advice on installation, setting up or Bios tips.

thanks

al

Don't forget the ^F1 thing for the hidden extra feature, ( Advance BIOS
Options) but it also I have just found out bangs your DDR Voltage up to

max
of 2.917v..

Also note that this board Supports APIC, and gives 24 IRQ's..

Old January 16th 04, 03:18 PM
Michael Len

If you have a Zalman cooler install the ram 1st because it overhangs the
dimm slots. Also don't bother with the dual power supply thing. Check
out posts regarding drive slots - there are 3 RAID controllers and the
manual is very confusing.

Old January 17th 04, 01:48 AM
Striker

Where does one get one?
"Dumdedo" wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:18:49 GMT, Michael Len

wrote:

If you have a Zalman cooler install the ram 1st because it overhangs the
dimm slots. Also don't bother with the dual power supply thing. Check
out posts regarding drive slots - there are 3 RAID controllers and the
manual is very confusing.

Do not use the Zalman use the Gigabyte 3D Cooler, performs better and has

no
installation problems at all.

http://tw.giga-byte.com/Peripherals/Products/Products_GH-PCU21-VG(3D%20Coole
r-Pro).htm

Old January 17th 04, 11:57 AM
sig666

YES! BUT WHERE DOES ONE GET ONE!

Dumdedo wrote:
On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 01:48:43 GMT, "Striker" wrote:

Where does one get one?

I have 4 Reviews on this 2 are in English, one states a $45US Price, the
Agent here NZ gets them on the 21st Jan, with out a firm price..

The Polush one has some nice pics that can be enlarged.

http://www.benchmark.pl/artykuly/rzu.../strona-1.html

http://www.3dspeed.idv.tw/GIGABYTE/3DCooler.htm

English ones.

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...Id=600&dPage=1

http://www.legionhardware.com/html/doc.php?id=278

. ..

Sammylad wrote:

You may want to flash to the latest Bios before installing.

om...