Best ATI 9800 Pro 256 meg card, is OEM OK?

Old June 22nd 03, 08:45 PM

Default Best ATI 9800 Pro 256 meg card, is OEM OK?

I have seen ATI Sapphire OEM cards and wonder if they are OK? I want
to buy a 9800 Pro 256 meg card but don't know what brand to buy. Please
advise, thanks.

--
..
Old June 22nd 03, 09:52 PM
Herb Winston

me,

Why not but the card directly from ATI? The non
branded oem ones are listed at about the same prices as ATI's retail boxed
cards.

--
Herb Winston AMA 50438
Bonita Springs, FL

"He may look like an idiot,
and he may sound like an idiot,
but don't let him fool you.
He really is an idiot."

Mark Twain

.

Old June 23rd 03, 12:18 PM
Herb Winston

Andy,

ATI had listed the Radeon Pro 256mb as "Out of stock" since it was announced
on their website. However their company retail store is now accepting orders
for immediate shipment as of June 21.

Regards,

--
Herb Winston AMA 50438
Bonita Springs, FL

"He may look like an idiot,
and he may sound like an idiot,
but don't let him fool you.
He really is an idiot."

Mark Twain
"Andy Cunningham" wrote in message
It's my experience that the ATI cards are very hard to find - in the UK at
least, I've only even seen one place selling them, and at considerably
higher prices that the non-ATI cards.

I've got a Powercolor 9000 card, which is one of the cheapest. I'm not

100%
happy with it, and reviews I've seen do not seem to hold it in very high
regard. However, all reviews I've seen of the Sapphire cards have been
excellent.

The problem with mine is that it will not now run stably at the stock

clock
speeds of 275/275 MHz. It is not even perfectly stable at 250/250 which

is
the lowest speed I can set. Also the 2D quality is not upto the standard

of
my ATI Radeon (original).

I will almost certainly continue with ATI cards but probably not get

another
from Powercolor. Go with the Sapphire.

thlink.net...

Old June 24th 03, 12:37 AM
Usenetter

I understand that Sapphire basically IS ATI.
The Gigabyte 9700 Pro is very reasonably priced (215 UKP delivered) and good
quality.