Old August 2nd 03, 06:13 PM
Shep©

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 11:15:08 -0700, In this world we created "ziggy"
wrote :

I recently bought a new MSI FX 5600 128 MB card and I can't get the drivers
to load on Win98, it says I need 98 second edition so my question is does
anyone know if there's a work around or do I have to go out and purchase the
second edition?

Rick

Try some drivers from Guru 3d?
http://www.guru3d.com/
and try the updated installer engine,
http://tinyurl.com/44dh

HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,

Old August 4th 03, 07:14 AM
ziggy

I usually keep Windows up to date although lately I have to dig around to
get to the site so cutting back on support is most likely the culprit, and I
did try updating the engine installer as Shep mentioned with no luck so I'll
try the drivers he recommended next.
Thanks to both of you for the help.

Rick

"Helion" wrote in message
. com...
The upgrade from 98 to 98SE was originally a patch, sort of the like the

XP
SP1 thats out there.... I dont know if 98 updates are still available as

it
is no longer supported by MS as of June 2003. (End of Life). Anyhow I am
assuming you have tried http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and have

updated
your exisiting version.

This is copied from the MS website pertaining to their support of Windows
98....
**** No-charge assisted support for this product will end on

30-Jun-2003.
After 16-Jan-2004, this product will be obsolete and assisted support will
no longer be available from Microsoft. Online self-help support will
continue to be available until at least 30-Jun-2006

"ziggy" wrote in message
I recently bought a new MSI FX 5600 128 MB card and I can't get the

drivers
to load on Win98, it says I need 98 second edition so my question is

does
anyone know if there's a work around or do I have to go out and purchase

the
second edition?

Rick

pc problems after g card upgrade + sp2 ben reed Homebuilt PC's 9 November 30th 04 02:04 AM
Should I Do This? Bill Anderson Asus Motherboards 25 November 14th 04 02:19 AM
A7N8X-E Which nForce driver??? Joe101 Asus Motherboards 3 October 28th 04 06:37 AM
Driver Update ? Jumbo Ati Videocards 4 September 24th 04 10:23 AM
WDM No Sound Fix for Win98, SE, ME kony General 0 March 21st 04 09:58 AM