A7V880 - problem with BIOS

Old October 28th 04, 01:04 PM
Artur Pakuszewski

Default A7V880 - problem with BIOS

Hi!
Few days ago I've bought new machine with:
- ASUS A7V880
- Athlon XP 2500+
- 2x256 MB PC-3200 DDRRAM (400MHz)
- WDC 160 GB SATA
- ATI Radeon 9550.
After putting those parts together into my PC I've visited ASUS website to
download newest BIOS (v1.07) and afudos tool (v2.11). I've flashed BIOS (no
error appeared) - everything seemed to be OK, but now, when I'm turning the
computer on, I've got some messages (one time 2 messages, other time more a
lot) 'Unknown BIOS error. Error code =ERRNO_ID', where ERRNO_ID is code
error (ie. FFFF, B1E9)... After that I tried to restore the BIOS from ASUS
CD, but I become 'BIOS has no flash information available.' message...
And BIOS works weird. When I'm trying to set boot device priority (in
appropriate section in BIOS), some time I can see there hdd, other time I
can't...

Any suggestions?

Qaz

Old October 29th 04, 09:14 PM
Artur Pakuszewski

The problem has been solved. I've took my PC to the service and they've
exchanged CPU, because it wasn't quite good.

Thanks,
Qaz