Videp Card For Windows Apps

Old March 28th 10, 01:17 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
goldy[_2_]

Default Videp Card For Windows Apps

I Use Windows XP And Other Applications Like Excel And Word. Also Do
Some Video Editing But That's About It , No Games. I AM Using A ATI
AIW X1900 At This Time And It Seems OK For That I Do. Would It Pay To
Spend A Lot On A New Video Card Like The HD 5870. Any Input
Appreciated.
Thanks,
goldy
Old March 28th 10, 03:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Man-wai Chang to The Door (33600bps)

On 3/28/2010 20:17, goldy wrote:
I Use Windows XP And Other Applications Like Excel And Word. Also Do
Some Video Editing But That's About It , No Games. I AM Using A ATI
AIW X1900 At This Time And It Seems OK For That I Do. Would It Pay To
Spend A Lot On A New Video Card Like The HD 5870. Any Input

If you wanna indulge yourself in DirectX games, yes! I think 5770 is
sufficient for you and has better price-performance than 5830!

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.33.1
Old March 30th 10, 03:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
goldy[_2_]

Default Videp Card For Windows Apps--Thanks

Old March 30th 10, 03:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
goldy[_2_]

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 16:52:01 -0700, Steve wrote:

In article ,
says...

I Use Windows XP And Other Applications Like Excel And Word. Also Do
Some Video Editing But That's About It , No Games. I AM Using A ATI
AIW X1900 At This Time And It Seems OK For That I Do. Would It Pay To
Spend A Lot On A New Video Card Like The HD 5870. Any Input
Appreciated.
Thanks,
goldy

Here ya go Mildred:

SAPPHIRE 100283-2L Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16
HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Retail

$159.99
($149.99 after $10.00 Mail-In Rebate Card pdf )

It'll probably pay for itself in saved electricity over that X1900 your
running and your ready for DX11.

Old March 30th 10, 05:27 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Benjamin Gawert

Am 28.03.2010 13:17, * goldy:
I Use Windows XP And Other Applications Like Excel And Word. Also Do
Some Video Editing But That's About It , No Games. I AM Using A ATI
AIW X1900 At This Time And It Seems OK For That I Do. Would It Pay To
Spend A Lot On A New Video Card Like The HD 5870. Any Input
Appreciated.

As no-one has really answered your question: no, it wouldn't pay. If
your X1900 is still working there is no need to spend any money on a new
gfx card.

Ben
Old March 30th 10, 09:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
goldy[_2_]

Default Videp Card For Windows Apps--Ben InSide

I Have A New Sapphire Radeon HD 2600XT 256MB DDR4 I Never Used, Do You
Think It Would Be A Equal In Performance To The X1900. And Thanks
For Your Input.
goldy

Am 28.03.2010 13:17, * goldy:

Old March 30th 10, 10:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Benjamin Gawert

Am 30.03.2010 21:05, * goldy:

You originally wrote:
"I Use Windows XP And Other Applications Like Excel And Word. Also Do
Some Video Editing But That's About It , No Games."

None of these applications are demanding enough to make any difference
on any card made since the last 10 years or so, unless "video editing"
means using one of the very few programs which come with some useful GPU
support.

If I remember right the 2600XT uses more power than your X1900, in which
case you better keep your current card.

Or you can sell both cards on ebay and get a entry level card like a
Radeon 4300 series which draws even less power and could be passively
cooled.

Ben
Old March 30th 10, 11:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
goldy[_2_]

Default Videp Card For Windows Apps--Ben InSide--Thanks Ben

Am 30.03.2010 21:05, * goldy: