hp photosmart....help please

Old August 2nd 06, 06:15 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
TERRY

Default hp photosmart....help please

Model 8050
Bought new today, but unable to fit the new damn ink cartridges, even after
reading supplied scanty paperwork/book.....pull out black carriage, which
has rubber tabs facing upwards, then fit new cart'......something I have
missed somewhere??
I do not want to damage parts..hence posting here.
The cart' does not appear to fit!!?...tri-col to left & others to right
stall.
My first HP after ditching Epson...grhhhhhhhhhhhh
TIA

Old August 2nd 06, 06:33 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Don Phillipson

"TERRY" wrote in message

Model 8050
Bought new today, but unable to fit the new damn ink cartridges, even

after
reading supplied scanty paperwork/book.....pull out black carriage, which
has rubber tabs facing upwards, then fit new cart'......something I have
missed somewhere??

What did the store say when you telephoned?

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Old August 2nd 06, 07:08 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
TERRY

Stop...sorry folks...silly me I did not see that Priter had to be ON before
fitting carts', until I searched google where it stated just thst...now all
OK.

Terry