Help with ML370 Gen 1

Old March 7th 06, 08:37 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Default Help with ML370 Gen 1

I recently acquired a Gen1 ML370 and have installed Win2k3 Enterprise Server. The hardware has a RAID5 config with an intergrated controller and 512 meg RAM. The server works fine in my network. I have now added an HP Gigabyte NIC model A6921-62002 into one of the 64 bit PCI slots. None of the other slots are populated. The server recognizes the new NIC but tell me there are not enough resources to run this NIC.
Does anyone know what is going on here? Do I need to disable the integrated NIC on the MOBO to enable this NIC?
TIA,
Kevin

Old March 7th 06, 11:09 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

That part number sounds like it might be for the NetServer or HP-UX K9000
systems.

You probably need to run the F10 setup utilites and run the System
Configuration Utility to update the NVRAM so that it allocates the necessary
resources to the card. If you dont have an F10 (EISA) partition, you can
boot from a SS5.50 CD and run the tool from there.

- LC