Compatability Question

Old February 24th 06, 11:28 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Default Compatability Question

I tried SS5.50 even without the 5302 in there and it had the same problem on
that box. I just wanted to get the NVRAM setup ..

- LC

"Phil" wrote in message
oups.com...
SS 5.5 flat would not run on these DL580's. It kept getting errors
saying it could not find things and crashing. Tried different 5.5 disks
so that was not the problem. Same thing on 4 DL580's (G1) in a row. I
didn't try newer versions of SS but I bet a dollar to a doughnut they
will work !

I did get an error stating something was setup with a newer version of
software but I don't remember if it was the motherboard, array card,
or array enclosure.

That original 5300 install disk did the trick so I didn't waste any
more time on it exploring the why's.

Old February 24th 06, 11:47 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

It may still be the same issue. It crashed on me long before it got to
any setups.
Phil

Old February 25th 06, 01:01 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

"Phil" wrote in message
oups.com...
It may still be the same issue. It crashed on me long before it got to
any setups.
Phil

Did you try 5.40 or 5.30 ? I think i have the ISO's for both.

- LC

Old February 25th 06, 01:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

LC.
5.5 Only. I think I have other versions but I didn't try them. I still
think it's a software issue or perhaps something software has caused.
Did you try upgrading the bios? Could someone before you tried and
failed at that ?

Old February 25th 06, 01:24 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

"Phil" wrote in message
ups.com...
LC.
5.5 Only. I think I have other versions but I didn't try them. I still
think it's a software issue or perhaps something software has caused.
Did you try upgrading the bios? Could someone before you tried and
failed at that ?

SystemROM was up to date before i started (8/11/2000). I used the firmware
update CD to get the 5300 from 1.84 (or something) to 3.54 .it changed the
banner so that the controller is now reported by the POST as a 5302/64 ...
that upgraded without a hitch. so did the drive firmware.

But yah, firmware is usually the first thing I do. I learned that a long,
long time ago when I first started to work with compaq servers.

-LC

Old February 28th 06, 10:49 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Ok ... I have a new systemboard on the way ... we'll see if that straightens
this mess out.

- LC

"Nut Cracker" wrote in message
Is anyone running an SA5302 in a PL6400R? I tried for a couple hours last
night to get SS5.50 to successfully complete on my rig, but it wouldnt
work. It kept getting an Unrecoverable Error: Error Code 24. I stripped
everything out of the box except for 1GB of RAM and the SA5300. I scoured
HP but could not find a compatability matrix for the SA5302. There are
2000/2003 drivers for the controller under the drivers and software
section of the 6400R ...

So, is anyone running this setup ?

- LC