Mr. Nutcracker !

Old February 17th 06, 05:52 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Default Mr. Nutcracker !

Nutcracker
When I asked a question about the 4350R you said, "Those things are
old. Damn old. Musty cursty old."

Does this apply to all the 4300 family or just 4350R? The 4350R uses
the same cards internally and scsi3 interface (single or dual) as
4314R. (Same part numbers)

After firing them up they seem to be the same/identical in performance
as the 4314r just that it accepts the 1.5-inch drives. Those units, as
I acquired them have 10 73-gig drives per tray.

I'm finding it to be a very fast unit. As I originally tried to
understand the HP site info before I hooked them up, the 4350R Hp data
I found seemed to imply it was special or different. The throughput,
interface, cabling, control cards are all the same as 4314r. It seems
to work equally well with the 5300 series raid cards.

Just wondering if perhaps you were thinking of something else when you
said that or is it the whole 4300 family or just that model.

Thanks for the time,
Phil

Old February 17th 06, 08:47 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

In article . com, Phil wrote:
Nutcracker
When I asked a question about the 4350R you said, "Those things are
old. Damn old. Musty cursty old."

Does this apply to all the 4300 family or just 4350R? The 4350R uses
the same cards internally and scsi3 interface (single or dual) as
4314R. (Same part numbers)

[ ... ]

Ohh.. Aahh.. This is an answer I want to hear as well.. I'm on the prowl
for a 4300 series enclosure and don't want to get something old'n'crusty!
(8-

-- Rick

Old February 17th 06, 09:30 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Rick F. wrote:
In article . com, Phil wrote:
Nutcracker
When I asked a question about the 4350R you said, "Those things are
old. Damn old. Musty cursty old."

Does this apply to all the 4300 family or just 4350R? The 4350R uses
the same cards internally and scsi3 interface (single or dual) as
4314R. (Same part numbers)

[ ... ]

Ohh.. Aahh.. This is an answer I want to hear as well.. I'm on the prowl
for a 4300 series enclosure and don't want to get something old'n'crusty!
(8-

-- Rick

Rick,
I'm going to have some available soon, single and dual input, that is
if you don't consider them old'n'crusty!
Phil

Old February 18th 06, 01:09 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

"Phil" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

I think when i posted that, the picture that came up on my search was of
those old grey/blue DEC StorageWorks things ....

my bad ... the units you have are fine.

4200 series had an ultra2 controller, 4300 had and ultra3. there are now
u320 modules for them as well.

Old February 18th 06, 07:57 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

In article .com, Phil wrote:

I'm going to have some available soon, single and dual input, that is
if you don't consider them old'n'crusty!

Thanks Phil.. Not sure what part of the country your'e in, but I'm in the LA
area and have been looking locally as these things eat you alive on shipping
them since they're dead weight.. Anyway, not sure what you're looking to get
for yours or what they're configured as, but consider me interested regardless.

-- Rick