Nvidia Forceware Driver 60.72 !

Old April 9th 04, 09:58 AM
Ulrich

Default Nvidia Forceware Driver 60.72 !

WIN XP only - non offcial - Beta !

downlaod 12.9 MB
http://www.googlemaster.plus.com/60.72_winxp2k.exe

screenshot
http://www.quickbench.mynetcologne.de/sc1_nv60.72.gif

Ulrich

--
http://www.quickbench.mynetcologne.de
Benchmarksoftware / Systemanalyser

Old April 9th 04, 02:16 PM
Clock´n Roll

"Ulrich" skrev i en meddelelse
WIN XP only - non offcial - Beta !

downlaod 12.9 MB
http://www.googlemaster.plus.com/60.72_winxp2k.exe

screenshot
http://www.quickbench.mynetcologne.de/sc1_nv60.72.gif

Ulrich

--
http://www.quickbench.mynetcologne.de
Benchmarksoftware / Systemanalyser

Just installed the 60.72.

About the same benchmark readings exept:

3Dmark2003 Pixel shader 2.0 went up from 31.2fps (53.03drv.)
to 41.5fps with the 60.72drv.
+200 3Dmark2003 pts.
Haven´t tried any games yet.

Can somebody confirm this improvement ?
G.

Old April 9th 04, 02:54 PM
rms

Just installed the 60.72.
About the same benchmark readings exept:
3Dmark2003 Pixel shader 2.0 went up from 31.2fps (53.03drv.)
to 41.5fps with the 60.72drv.

So a 30% gain with a minor driver revision. Does anyone believe this is
possible? How gullible are nvidia customers ?

rms

Old April 9th 04, 03:31 PM
Ulrich

"Clock´n Roll" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
. ..

Just installed the 60.72.

About the same benchmark readings exept:

3Dmark2003 Pixel shader 2.0 went up from 31.2fps (53.03drv.)
to 41.5fps with the 60.72drv.
+200 3Dmark2003 pts.
Haven´t tried any games yet.

Can somebody confirm this improvement ?
G.

Yes, but i noticed that improvement when i changed from driver

53.03 = 36.7
54.09 = 44.9

54.09 = 4.9
36.736

Old April 9th 04, 03:33 PM
Ulrich

"Ulrich" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

54.09 = 4.9
36.736

please don´t notice this entry - my mistake

Old April 9th 04, 04:10 PM
Ulrich

"Clock´n Roll" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
. ..

3Dmark2003 Pixel shader 2.0 went up from 31.2fps (53.03drv.)
to 41.5fps with the 60.72drv.
+200 3Dmark2003 pts.
Haven´t tried any games yet.

Can somebody confirm this improvement ?
G.

Yes, but i noticed that improvement when i changed from driver

53.03 = 36.7 fps
56.64 = 44.9 fps

Ulrich

Old April 9th 04, 05:53 PM
First of One

But why would nVidia optimize (cheat) in a 3DMark element that does not
impact the final score?

--
First of One
Formula SAE Racing:

m...

Old April 9th 04, 08:14 PM
teqguy

Ulrich wrote:

"Clock4n Roll" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
. ..

3Dmark2003 Pixel shader 2.0 went up from 31.2fps (53.03drv.)
to 41.5fps with the 60.72drv.
+200 3Dmark2003 pts.
Haven4t tried any games yet.

Can somebody confirm this improvement ?
G.

Yes, but i noticed that improvement when i changed from driver

53.03 = 36.7 fps
56.64 = 44.9 fps

Ulrich

Just stick to the WHQL drivers, newer drivers aren't necessarily
better... and as the 57.xx proved, can be a lot worse.

I expect Nvidia to crap out a few releases in the next few weeks to
ease compatibility of current FX users over to the new line of NV40's.
Old April 10th 04, 12:43 AM
Stuart Pierce

Just stick to the WHQL drivers, newer drivers aren't necessarily
better... and as the 57.xx proved, can be a lot worse.

I expect Nvidia to crap out a few releases in the next few weeks to
ease compatibility of current FX users over to the new line of NV40's.

For me, the WHQL-certified 56.72 drivers are the worst I've seen in a long
time. My video just drops out as the device driver fails, and I have to do
a reset, and sometimes even a shutdown to get the signal back.

I'm going to try to betas.

Stuart

Old April 10th 04, 11:19 AM
Clock´n Roll

"First of One" skrev i en meddelelse
.cable.rogers.com...
But why would nVidia optimize (cheat) in a 3DMark element that does not
impact the final score?

Of course there is an score improvement too...

G.