Nvidia 52.16 Forceware Driver is out!

Old October 23rd 03, 03:08 PM
AC

Default Nvidia 52.16 Forceware Driver is out!

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_52.16

Old October 24th 03, 06:05 AM
R.V. Gronoff

AC a écrit:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_52.16

Yes, but it sucks...

--
Merci d'enlever le-munster-du-frigo pour me répondre par mail.

Old October 24th 03, 12:10 PM
JTBurn

Works great on my computer. But I keep my computer in top shape.

"R.V. Gronoff" wrote in
message ...

Old October 24th 03, 01:53 PM
Ed Medlin

"JTBurn" wrote in message
Works great on my computer. But I keep my computer in top shape.

You MUST uninstall previous drivers and I would also recommend using NFR
(nasty file remover) too before installing. Any remnants of previous drivers
can cause you trouble with these.

Ed

Old October 24th 03, 03:48 PM
Lee Marsh

"AC" wrote:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_52.16

I hate the new name - Forceware??!

Old October 24th 03, 11:41 PM
Mark

it's ****. it doesn't work with tvtool

"Lee Marsh" wrote in message
e9.co.uk...
"AC" wrote:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_52.16

I hate the new name - Forceware??!

---

Old October 25th 03, 01:52 AM
not me

"R.V. Gronoff" wrote in
message ...
AC a écrit:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_52.16

Yes, but it sucks...

Perhaps for you, but it worked great for me. Did an uninstall and cleanup,
then installed and works great. Better graphics and speed.

Old October 26th 03, 02:30 PM
Billy_Bat

Ed, I did a reformat and rinstall of WinXP yesterday, and installed the
52.16 drivers. It was just the basic drivers from MS that were running up
until that point. I didn't uninstall the others, because XP generally
handles that pretty well. But I had nasty results. Should I have gotten rid
of the MS drivers?
Thans!
BB

Old October 27th 03, 02:14 PM
Ed Medlin

"Billy_Bat" wrote in message
Ed, I did a reformat and rinstall of WinXP yesterday, and installed the
52.16 drivers. It was just the basic drivers from MS that were running up
until that point. I didn't uninstall the others, because XP generally
handles that pretty well. But I had nasty results. Should I have gotten

rid
of the MS drivers?
Thans!
BB

BB,
In general, most NV drivers will install over the generic WXP drivers
without a problem. You might try doing an uninstall, run Nasty File Remover
from www.guru3d.com before you do a reboot, then try installing them. I have
had good results with the 52.16s myself. I always uninstall and use NFR
before changing drivers and have never had any really bad experiences
changing drivers. One way to make sure your driver install is clean is to
cancel the XP driver dialog that pops up on the reboot and not let XP do
its' thing......

Ed

---

Old October 27th 03, 02:28 PM
Bruce

I tried to use NFR but my Windows 2000 had backup files in the
C:\WINNT\system32\dllcache folder which prevented the removal of the Windows
default nv4.dll files. There are several Nvidia files on my system. I also
wasn't able to swap the NV driver for a standard driver in Device Manager.
However I did get 52.16 installed with no problems. Any suggestions for
NFR?

Bruce